I want to do Homogenous system copy to change the SID of our existing PRD Server
We have virtulized our current PRD server & its working fine & we need to change the old PRD server as a development
hence we need to change he SID of old PRD server
Current System DETAILS:
Win 2003 SP1
Database : MAX DB 7.5
SAP : ECC 5.0
Please give me some idea how can i change the SID of the OLD PRD System
You may follow the following steps.
1) Take full database + log backup of old production server
2) Using SAPinst, perform database export
3) Scrap old production system
4) Install a new system with new SID you want . In SAPinst select system copy-> Target system
5) Provide path of the export dump taken in step 2.
6) Complete the installation using SAPINST.
Above steps can help you achieve the desired result.
After restoration of MAX db database on new SID i am not able to start SAP. Dispatcher is getting failed to connect database
However i have updated the KERNEL patch level but still is not getting connected,
Task performed :
1. Offline backup of PRD server
2. Restored successfully that backup on NEW DEV server with new SID.
3. After restoration complete database is up & running.
4. R3trans is also working fine.
C:\Documents and Settings\shdadm>r3trans -d
This is r3trans version 6.13 (release 640 - 11.05.06 - 13:04:42)
unicode enabled version
r3trans finished (0000).