For those materials which purchased from the vendors, we need receive them into SAP ME as the inventory SFC. We configured the DM520 activity hook at the operation and then configured the POD (the operation and resource) to receive those external serail number into SAP ME as SFC numbers (we also configured the resource setup to make this received SFC mapped into one shop order). The receiving logic looks very good to us except one point, the system doesn't have any validation logic when creating a SFC into SAP ME, any dummy data like 123455,adfadsfadsf can be scanned and generated as SFC number. I see there is an activity named mask validation maintenance, which is able to define some rule to valid a serial number. But I don't how to conigure it and make it work in our situations.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot and best regards,
EN521 should be used instead of EN520 once the latter is meant to be deprecated as of ME 6.0.
So, please try the following scenario:
- in Validation Mask Maintenance, define the mask - see online help for details;
- in Material Maintenance, assign the mask group to the materail;
- in Activity Maintenance, check that EN521 has SERIAL_NUMBER_FIELD rule = SFC;
- create a shop order with the materail;
- create a resource with EN521 and DM520 at PRE_START hok point;
- in Resource Setup, assign the shop order to the resource;
- open POD and try to create a new SFC which does not match the mask.