I'm pretty new to BO and I'm kind stuck right now and can't seem to find a solution.
I have got a simple WebI report which contains some charts and a crosstab. I'm working on my Universe connecting to a SQL server database. What I want my report to do is make it possible for the users to change the measure and the axisses of the charts by a Input control. (Or doing it by another way if it is possible)
I have created four variables: Measure / Measure_Prompt / Rows / Rows_Prompt.
In the 2 prompt variables I have a hardcoded value. Example: ="Net_Value". I created an input control for these variables, which is a text box and the user needs to type a value. This works and the report is adjusting depending on the value entered.
In Measure and Rows I have an IF statement. For example: If Measure_Prompt is "Net_Value" take [Invoice_Net_Value] etc..
However I would like to have a dropdown with a list of values in the input controls instead of the text box. Because I can't expect users to know what to type.
Is this possible? If it's possible how can I do this and create a dropdown with a list of given hardcoded values from which the user can choose from with either a input control or another way if suggested.
Thanks in advance,
Mario De Pauw
You can define static list of values while defining Input Control on Variables.
But you should create the variable as Dimension type/Detail type instead of Measure type to make use of Combo Box.
So please change type of your variables to Dimension/Detail and proceed with below steps.
1) Input Control Tab > New
2) Select the required Variable Object > Next > Choose Control Type
3) Select Combo Box (2nd item under Single Value)
4) "All values from Report" is shown as value against List of Values option. You can retain this if it is ok. To change it with Custom Values, you can click on ellipsis button. There you can type custom values and Press enter. Your Custom values will appear on right hand side list.
5) Use restricted list of values option can be set to 'Yes'/'No' depending on your requirement.
6) Default value can be specified.
7) Click Next > Select the required block on which this input filter should work
8) Click Finish.
Thanks for your answer.
When I define a new input control I don't have the option to select combo box. The only option that is available is "entry field".
I think this is because my variable is containing a single value as in ="Net Value". Which is not a link to a dimension in my query but just a string.
Can I enter a list of values like ('Representative', 'Sales org', 'Product group', 'country', 'company') when I do not have these values in my tables or anywhere. I need to manually enter them as I cannot find this list anywhere. In the associate list of values I can only link to another dimension for example to the Country dimension and getting the values 'France', 'Spain',..
Am I missing something or is this also possible there?