I can´t get the SAP SSO to work for the BI launch pad, I can logon with SAP credentials. Only the sso doesn´t want to work I get the error "The credentials passed to secSAPR3 are invalid". I did changed the default authentication to secSAPR3 and made sure the SAP system is default in SAP authentication.
Any idea what I have missed ?
I did do some tests with the SSO TOKEN service, I created a cert and imported did in the SAP system, Could this create a conflict ?
Since I also did a test with AD SSO (worked fine) I added the entry sso.sap.primary=true just to make sure but doesnt help.
- so you configured the SAP Authentication ?
- when logging on to the BI Launchad are you using you SAP credentials and enter the System ID and Client number ? Are you logged on to the BI LaunchPad ?
- you mentioned you configured the SSO Token Service. Did you complete the configuration ?
- What report type is it and does the report use the SAP system that you used for the SAP Authentication as data source ?
Yes, I configured SAP authentication and I can log in to BI launchpad using my SAP credentials. Only SSO in BI launchpad doesn´t work I have to enter my SAP userid and password.
I have no problems updating users and roles from the SAP system, the ID I use to test has admin rights in BI and SAP
I configured the SSO token servcie using the instructions found in SAP wiki, made sure the APS had the token service available.
Maybe the problem is with the SAP system, it´s an older sandbox, I will start with upgrading this and check that everything is set to default.
To be continued :).
I created a custom properties file for the BI launchpad :
But when opening the BI launchpad I get Account Information Not Recognized: The credentials passed to secSAPR3  are invalid. Use the following format: sid~clnt/user
Manual logon using SAP account works fine.
just to make sure we have the same workflow in mind:
- with this configuration if you open the BI launchpad as part of the SAP Portal or an app that already has an SSO token - then you will get SSO
- just launching the BI Launchpad standalone you still need to enter the credentials.
is the BI launchpad embedded in the portal ?