I have worked as a consultant(ABAP) for 5 yrs now on SRM and ECC and now will be working as anABAP consultant on the APO module.Please let me know some useful/helpful links as a starting point to know more abt APO module.Also what is different in APO when working on ABAP(Technical)?What are the objectsI should be concetrating more on?
1) Unlike in ECC module, APO module is built little complex having more
structures rather than tables and hence debugging requires more
2) In APO, as in ECC SAP supplied standard BADI, BAPI, enhancements,
user exits are available which you need to get familiarlised before you
3) Regarding the integration part, when ECC and APO are integrated,
in case of any errors, you need to be in a position to debug and identify
which field in ECC gets transferred and updated to which field in APO
which is slightly tricky and will be challenging and interesting for you.
4) Other things and activities will be common as that of in ECC
Hope this information will resolve your queries.
R. Senthil Mareeswaran.
It is a very good oppurtunity for you to work in APO module.
It is pretty interesting. Here are some tips
1) You need to know that all the Order related data would be in 22 characters internal guid
2) Each and everything that you see it in APO system is at line item level
3) For each line item in the ECC, an RFC Call would be made to the BAPI BAPI_APOATP_CHECK and ATP Check will happen for that line item and the confirmed quantity would be sent back to ECC and the same would be updated in the VBEP tables.
4) /SAPAPO/POSMAPN is one of the base tables which stores the Order No and Line Item No.
5) This table gives you the Line Item Guid which would be used in rest of the tables like /SAPAPO/SD_DOC, /SAPAPO/ORDADM_I etc.,
There are different areas in APO.
But, you need to know about CIF which is very important to get to an Overview of the Order Processing in ECC & APO.
Hope this information would help you. Good Luck!!!
This blog will help in understanding how to debug in Remote system ie APO .
Rewards points if helpful.