If you are creating a service order in CRM, it will be replicated into a Debit Memo request in ECC.
Go to transaction SCRM in ECC, Billing integration.
There you can map your CRM transaction types and item categories to the debit memo requests (DMR) you are going to use. The standard DMR used are L2WT.
This DMR can be followed up into a Debit Memo and the billing can be carried out.
In order to maintain these setting, the same transaction type and item categories that are used in CRM also need to be available in ECC.
Thanks for your reply ! it helped me a lot.
Could you please let me know for the below scenarios,
1. If we create service order with Service Item, first an internal Order is created in ECC and then an Debit Memo Request. and billing happens
2. if we create an Service Order with Sales items, an corresponding sales order is created. is it right?
Could you please let me know, my understanding is correct or not.
1. Internal Order is created for with the service item as soon as you release the order and is used for analysis in controlling .
For billing you need to replicate it in a DMR in ECC. For that, you need to complete the order.
This is independant of the internal order creation.
Though after the billing is carried out, the debit memo also posts the actual revenue to the same internal order.
2. Yes, If your service order has sales item, a sales order would be created in ECC by the same number. Internal Order would again be formed for these sales items.
There are 2 controlling scenarios:
Single Object- each line item in CRM service order forms an individual internal order in ecc.
Multiplw object - one internal order in ecc with all the line items from the service order.
Please let me know if this answers your question
Could you please make me clear in Service order process!
1. Once i'm creating a service order, and internal order is created.
2. As a follow up of Service order, i'm creating service confirmation, for this confirmation a Debit Memo Request is getting created in ECC automatically.
Do we need to create a Debit memo as a follow up of DMR in ECC?
Please let me know the actual process!
Here you go..
1. Once i'm creating a service order, and internal order is created.- yes this is used in controlling and analysis. An internal order is created for the service order and the follow-up confirmation also links back and posts to the same internal order, i.e. the service order internal order.
No new internal order is formed for the confirmation.
2. As a follow up of Service order, i'm creating service confirmation, for this confirmation a Debit Memo Request is getting created in ECC automatically. - confirmation would post the actual cost to the Internal order. On completing the confirmation, a DMR is created in ECC for billing. This DMR is like a sales order in ECC and needs to be followed- up into a billing document.
Hence, you would to create a follow-up debit memo from this DMR. this would complete the billing in ECC. And this billing would again post the actual revenue to the same internal order.
Remember, the entire process should post costs and revenues to the internal order to allow analysis.
The following link gives entire service order processing in CRM and ECC as well:
Hope this helps.