Hi all ,
My scenerio is
I am working for dairy industry and have one manufacturing plant. we collect raw material from different collection center and have provided chillers to different collection centers out side our plant.
when there is any maintenance work required on collection centers for the chiller units, provided by us, we are responsible for there maintenance.and spare parts are used from our plant .
How can I map this in SAP? Please guide !!
You would probably setup each chiller unit as an equipment. Any reported faults would raise a notification referencing the equipment. You may also want to create maintenance plans so regular maintenance could be scheduled for these units.
Please use the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) space for PM/CS topics
you can make each of these locations as a functional location. if you want to identify it as an offsite, maybe you can have a different structure indicator . or even derive in the indicator heirachy. If the maintenance work is carried out by your own employees, you can have suitable work center attached to the equiment.
In the MM area you can define each of these collection units as a storage location if you need to transfer Material ( as defined in SAP ) to these locations
I've actually mapped a similar scenario in the past. Most points have been covered by Paul and Ajit, but here's my two cents worth:
- Consider whether you will be moving chillers between your collection centre locations, which I suppose you will. You might then want to set up your chillers as Equipments to keep track of which one is in which particular collection centre location.
- You might use Functional Locations for your chillers, but this will be less flexible.
- You might want to instead set up your collection centres as Functional Locations to install your chillers Equipments in. This may be a branch of your main plant structure or a separate structure. This will allow you to track which chiller was with which collection centre at the time with Equipment Usage Periods.
- You should most probably set up your chillers as belonging to your main maintenance plant, unless there is a reason not to.
- Are your collection centres your own sites, or rather they are vendor sites? You might consider using a Partner role assignment (e.g. Ship-to Party) for your chillers to show if they are at a vendor's locations and be able to report quickly.
- If you have mobile e.g. van based maintenance engineers, you might want to set them up as a work centre, and consider setting up "hamster" Storage locations for what materials have been checked out by the mobile team to carry in the van.
- Map your maintenance processing with Notifications/Orders/Maintenance Plans as you would for any other technical assets...
Yes, having collection centres set up as functional locations of your main plant (and perhaps installing chillers as equipments in those functional locations) is definitely a viable option. You can then track your chillers usage history and maintenance history via standard SAP functionality.
Consider using a Partner role on your FL/EQ if you have a requirement to track the Ship-to party.
Thanks for your response.
I need to clear some more doubts....
our maintenance people keep the spares from main plant with the non returnable gate pass for spares. if i consider the collection centers & chillers as FL/ EQ of main maintenance plant how can Ii maintain non returnable pass for spares in SAP.
can you plese explane me more on....
1. If you have mobile e.g. van based maintenance engineers, you might want to set them up as a work centre, and consider setting up "hamster" Storage locations for what materials have been checked out by the mobile team to carry in the van.
2. Consider using a Partner role on your FL/EQ if you have a requirement to track the Ship-to party.
can you please provide me any document on this scenerio , it will be very helpful for me.
my mail ID- email@example.com
"Hamster" stores - say you have a General maintenance store and ten technicians, each with his own van, where they will keep small spares to have on hand as they visit the customer sites where the chillers are. You could set up a plant e.g. UK01, for this plant set up a Storage Location GS01, which represented the warehouse. Then you could set up 10 additional Storage Locations SV01 to SV10, representing the service vans. When a service technician checks out a spare from storage, you would post a stock transfer from GS01 to SV##. When a spare part is used up for repair, post goods issue from SV##. This way you get to know which technician has what spares on hand.
Ship-to-party - you can use this to assign a Customer/Vendor as an Equipment partner, and this can be transfered to an Order. This way you will know the address where each Equipment is (Customer/Vendor address from SD) and you'll be able to find the chiller at a particular vendor location.This is easier to maintain then Location addresses, and integrates with master data in SD.
I don't know about the non-returnable gate pass- maybe this link is useful: http://scn.sap.com/thread/950991 ?