I am trying to revaluate asset upward (deducting APC Value). Following are the configuration done.
1. AFAMA -- Base Value method = 011
2. Depreciation Area -- Revaluation = All Values Allowed / Revaluation Ord. Dep. = All Values Allowed
3. OAYR --- Post revaluation = selected
4. AO90 -- B/S Revalution Acq. and production and Offsetting account = configured with gl acc.
Depreciation = Reval. accumalted ord. depr. and offsetting reval. ord. acc. = configured with gl acc.
5. OABW -- Both Book and IT = Reval. APC and Reval. Dep. selected
6. AUFW -- Entered with new measure
7. New Asset created and F-90 acq. with 10,000 on 01.04.2012
8. AW01n showing correct depreciation for 10,000.
9. AFAB for April done ... correct figures displayed
9. ABAW - 01.05.2012 done for 1000 with T.Type 892 Rev. upward curr. year. Also checked separate Asset code same scenario with Ttype 820
10. checked AW01n APC value correct 9000.
11. AFAB for may done. Depreciation is calculated on 10000 and not 9000.
This is explained very well by Ravi in the below thread.
Thanks Murali for the update.
We have contacted SAP in previous attempts regarding this but, there is no perfect solution from their side. In cases they suggested to use "special depreciation" (though it is for tax purpose) as a cosmetic change in the name.
However, in this thread Kishor has updated "Revaluation by depreciation". I am not able to see this functionality in my systems.
It seems the EPH new versions has provided to increase the depreciation directly. But, I wonder whether the business will accept this kind of revaluation.
Accounting Standard go by revaluation of asset by APC. In this case when the asset APC value is devalued / reduced (impaired), in such cases, the depreciation is not calculating as expected by the business. In my opinion, the business has live with the depreciation calculation made by SAP
Thanks and Regards,