Its been over a month and still trying to get a hold of new SCN.
a) Do we have any search facility? The only option i see is google !, i cant search directly on scn.
b) Also, there seems to be a huge dip in responses from fellow scn members ..
c)You cant identify from home page if a thread is locked or not. it was so much better in older version.
d) Also, if i accidentally click on assumed answered.. How do i uncheck it !!
I do endorse your opinions.You can have a search functionality http://search.sap.com/ ,but you cannot filter it.Results will contain all types of scrap.
Because it is not user friendly, I have stopped using it.
Hope I may get used to it in course of time.
Thanks for letting me know about it. Are you referring to filter by tag? Then i would like to ask following:
1) what about old threads ? have they been tagged accordingly.
2) Also, when one posts a new discussion, if he/she doesn't tag explicitly, the same cannot be filtered.
3) In old sdn if i would put in keywords, i would get all the relevant posts, as simple as that.
here, it would refer just to tags. Simple example in ABAP development if i search for ALV header tag, i get just 1 post. When there are 1000s of posts.
Or is it that you are referring to some other filter operation?
Hi sap, aeh wiz...how should I call you?
1) Old forum posts have been migrated into the proper spaces and by that have been tagged with the default space tag, like here where it is ABAP: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1234725
2) Now posts get automatically tagged with the default space tag and can be filtered by that in search.
3) If I search for "ALV header" I get about 12000 results. From there I can further filter down e.g. by Industries, Solution Suits or Topics: http://search.sap.com/ui/scn#query=ALV+header&startindex=1&filter=scm_a_site%28scm_v_Site11%29
Q 1) You said "Old forum posts have been migrated into the proper spaces and by that have been tagged with the default space tag",but actually I found many threads havent been tagged by any topic(BTW,how to know which is the default space tag), such as:http://scn.sap.com/thread/1312350 ,its not like http://scn.sap.com/thread/1234725 which has the word "Topic". So there isnt topic for the thread, on the left hand side filter facets. If the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/1312350 is one of numerous threads meet search criteria and includes correct answer, then how can we extract the thread?
2) I counldnt find author "brian Luo" while I clicked more under Author on the left hand side filter facets ,but I could get the author while I typed "brian Luo" in filter box of Author. the search is http://search.sap.com/ui/scn#query=PI+XI+receive&startindex=1&filter=scm_a_site%28scm_v_Site11%29&filter=scm_a_resourceType%28scm_v_resType90%29.
Please tell me why?
Some spaces, such as PI & SOA Middleware, cover multiple products/topics/etc so there's no default meta data for these. These can be selected manually when new content is created in Properties:
With over two million members, the list of authors would be very long and this is why your name might not appear here sometimes. If you want to see the content you've authored and participated in, you can just go to http://scn.sap.com/people/brian.luo/content
you know many many threads were created before the forum upgrading, and them werent assigned any labels while creating.so I think your solution is just suitable for new threads,its invalid for existing threads.
Some old threads which dont have tag are helpful, now its laborious to extract them even unfortunately miss them.
For now I feel the old search approach(use keyword in respective section now its called space) is convenient than the new way(by tag). I found two moderators said maybe old search approach(search by keyword/text) will be back and available soon,referring to the link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18543. I wanna know its ture? I extra await it.
IT is working to restore the filter by text feature but no target date has yet been provided - but it's high priority.
In the meantime, I've built a customized version of Google for SCN: Custom Google Search for the New SCN
The search functionality is much better in OLD SDN.Agreed you can filter down to the content author,but, as per my understanding, one cannot filter it according to their respective modules.
Probably I may be bit harsh,but I could not get proper results from this search functionality.
I will be very thankful to you , if you can guide me in using this functionality effectively.
there is probably a good documentation for the new search missing. I can just recommend you to play around with it.
Old forums have been migrated and tagged with the specific space tag. Take for example this post:
You could find it by using the ABAP filter in search, which is used in the below URL:
Maybe that helps.