Recently, I have gone to one of the forum posting regarding the release of the order through permits.
I am little bit confused regarding the same.
It is one of our requirement to assign tthe permits to dept users to releaase the order based on permits settings
I have created permits. and further i have no idea to where this permits assigned and also how to give authorisation to the users.
If my question is valid please give me some information.
Hi Shankar ,
Permits can be assigned to technical object like equipments/function locations in their master data . Also you can directly assign permits to order itself .
In Equipment master data follow the menu path "Go to-> permits" .Here you can attach permit . Once permit is attached in master then on creating the maintenance order with reference to this equipment/FL then the permit will be automatically copied to the order itself .
Apart from this , permits can be automatically attached to order on the basis of certain conditions .This is done through classification of the permits . For example you want a permit to be attached automatically to order once the planned cost is greater than a certain amount .This you can achieve with classification of permits .
Adding to my above comment :
Classificaion of permits you can achieve by following these steps :
1) Create Class with name "PERMIT" - CL01 .
2) Go to CT04 ->Addl data tab, mention "CSEVPERMIT" in table name field and mention some field name from the same table on which you want to set the conditions . Here one strange thing is you will not be able to find F4 option for "field name" of the above table(actually it is a structure) .Just mention the field name directly and press enter (You can open CSEVPERMIT in a separate window with tcode SE11 )
3) SAve your char
4) Got to Permit class of step 1 and assign this char to it .
5) Go to IPMD and create a permit .Assign this permit to "PERMIT" class created in step 1 .
6) Click on Classification tab .
7) You will be able to find the class and the assigned charactorstics .
8) Now assign a condition to the charactorstic . Like if it represents the planned cost and you mentioned >1000 under its value then when an order with planned cost greater than 1000 will be created then this permit will be automatically attached .
Now if in IPMD against this permit you have mentioned that release of permit req for release of order then order can be released only if the permit is released .
Apart from this many more useful info you can find at :
You can use the Authorization object I_SOGEN.Authorization for this object must be given to the specific roles you are creating. With this, only those roles which are having Authorizations will be allowed to release the permit.
while assigning the authroization object I_SOGEN, you can specify the values for the field PMSOG where you can select the corresponding work permit. consult with basis also .
I have created permit as mentioned below
1. Class CL01- AMC
2. Char CT04-AMC
3. in char assigned csevpermit and pkosten
4. given amount of rs 50000
5. CL01 assigned the same
5. assigned in IPMD - order release -2- green light
in order iw31, i have assigned this permit and entered amount of rs 60000.
order is release with out any restrictions/settings
But , it has to give some message, because amount is exceeding.
pls help me.
Hi Shankar ,
You need not to assign Permit manually in the order in this case . Permit will be automatically assigned to order once the planned cost is more than .
If permit is allowing the release of order even before its release then check your Permit .In IPMD , field value for "Order release" shold be 2 i.e Permit must be issued else error message .
For your ref :
under classification :
In this case , if ur order planned cost is 1 to 100 then permit will be automatically attached . you can mention >=(some amt) also depending upon requirement . then once the planned cost goes up than the amt mentioned ,the permit will be attached automatically .
Hope it will clarify .
Hi Shankar ,
value mentioned by you is "100" only , in this case permit will be attached only when the cost is hundered . Do you want to attach the permit when cost = 100 ?
if not , mention >100 . This will attach permit to your order when cost will be more than 100 .
On my side its working fine .
Mention charactorstic value under IPMD - >classification as" >100" . For your ref :
After this create an order and reserve some spares so that planned cost become greater than 100 . Dont release the order while reserving spares . Now save the order and again go back to order in change mode(IW32) . Now try to release the order . It should ask you the permit approval