This error occurs due to Universe connections can be changed and redirected to different database with similar structures but less or different data. No integrity or structure errors could be raised. This might also happen when moving a universe between environments and expecting the universe connections in all environments to be the same.
hope this will resolve your problem.
Thank you so much for answering Ravi Shankar and Avinash Verma
We have already checked the universe connections and check Integrity ,everything was working fine still we were getting same thing i.e. "No data to retrieve from query".
Even we tried splitting the queries in the webi report and merge them and build the report but it didn't worked out as we were facing many errors.
After checking all the things,we started building the report from scratch pulling one by one object ,while doing this we have encounter the error " A database error occurred.The database error text is : Error in MDDataSetBW.GetcellData.No more memory / roll storage space available ". In order to come out this error we started including filters/prompts and few measures(even though in our report requirements we don't need any measures) and that's how we got the data in our report.
BO XI R 3.1 using uses mdx query to get data from BW. Here is what I recommend
1. Try to run the using webi rich client
2. From the machine where you are running webi rich client enable the mdx logs
3. If you are running the report from Infoview you need to enable mdx trace on the server box.
4. The locations are different if you are using a 64 bit or 32 bit machine
5. Once the mdx query is generated, go to the the workbench and execute 'mdxtest'(dont include quotes) transaction
6. You will see a screen on the right to paste the query, execute the query in xml mode. IF this gets data then there is an issue with the BO retrieving data, if you dont see any data here you will need to check with the BW query design.
Check SAP #1235111 – Enabling MDX/MDA tracing
one of the thing i figure out for this type of issues like :
1 - No data to retrieve from query
2 - Error in MDDataSetBW.GetcellData.No more memory / roll storage space available
if you have any query run time filters, filtering for some objects and its a static / constant filter and query spans for more than a month and multiple company codes are involved. Will encounter the error.
As a test take query level filters out and put them as a repot / block level filters or just run a test query for 1-2 month without static / constant filters, user prompts are fine.
Let me know if this helps.