This is my configuration:
Architecture: Two linked servers: one for the SAP BPC Server Manager and the other for the SQL Server 2008 R2.
I am getting the following authentication error when trying to access to http://<server:port>/osoft
The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.]
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object Arguments, Boolean CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags) +783261
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object Arguments, String ArgumentNames, Type TypeArguments, Boolean CopyBack) +715
OSoft.Consumers.ZFP.WebBase.Utility.SetWSCredential(String strServiceName, String strMethod, String strParameter, String strContext, String strSecurity) +9091
OSoft.Consumers.ZFP.WebBase.Utility.GetLastUserApp(CPMUser& mUser, String strAppServerURL, String strSecurity, String strContext, Boolean bServerPathReset) +1993
OSoft.Consumers.ZFP.WebBase.PageBase.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2201
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +132
System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +16
OSoft.Consumers.ZFP.WebBase.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) +16
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +143
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1477
What’s wrong with it?
I think that this error might come from one of these two options:
Any idea in order to solve this issue?
Thanks in advance!
this is a generic error, it's a reply from the BPC server, normally it shows that you haven't the security rights to connect to the server.
So try through "quick launch" right click "exec as ..." (normally 2nd from above) and try connecting to the server with the admin user you have used during install, go in admin console and check your sec. profile.
Or web.config file is corrupted than please delete your PC_MS folder and see if after is ok.
The UserPassword KeyID value in the tblServerDefaults table is exactly the same as the UserPassowrd value of the Web.config file.
Moreover, We are not interested to change the Login credentials in the BPC Server Manager. Is there any reason We should change the Login Credentials ? (doing then the resolution mentioned in the SAP note).
Thanks so much for you collaboration.
Do you get a SSL certificat warning before receving the error message you mention while attempting to browse the page ?
Are you connected on the machine with a windows account that corresponds to a known BPC account ?
Otherwise, could you please check the current setting of the "User Authentication" in the IE security options for the zone the Osoft web site belongs to ?
If you switch back to HTTP configuration rather than SSL, are you able to browse again the Osoft page ?
If so, could you please shortly summarize the steps you follow to enable the SSL with BPC ?
That may help me to understand what's wrong.
I will try to summarize the actions we have performed in order to have the SSL certificate configured with SAP BPC MS 7.5 SP07 and our current configuration.
As previously mentioned we have a multi-server architecture with both Windows 2008 R2 servers for BPC and SQL 2008 R2. Our BPC was working properly before starting the SSL configuration, so the customer decided to move to the SSL platform.
This is the configuration of our IIS 7.5 for the OSoft Web Site:
This is the configuration of the SQL Reporting Server:
BPC Server Manager configuration:
With this configuration we are able to connect via SSL with BPC for Excel and Admin but we are not able to navigate to the admin page, as we are getting the 401: Unauthorized error message:
Even though we are able to access a test html file located in the same folder:
By the way the error message we get when accessing the URL inside the server is slightly different:
We have already performed the actions explained in the mentioned SAP Notes except for the “reinstall BPC” which we do not consider an option currently.
Any hint or suggestion will be very welcomed as we have tried to solve this issue for a long time without success.
Thanks in advance for your time.
We finally managed to get the this solved. What we did is to leave the BPC Server Manager configuration without the DNS name configured and the default port to 80. So now it is the DNS server who translates between our DNS name and the Server name, and not BPC. And also IIS allows us to connect through the 80 and 443 ports even if the default port in BPC Server Manager is 80. The mentioned tables should be checked and the server needs to be restarted.
Ideally the BPC Server Manager should be configured with the DNS name so the Work Status pages and exporting Journals, etc keep working with the DNS name when loading them from Excel. We still have to test this, but we are waiting for an available slot of time to do it.
Hope this sollution helps you. And thanks for the support.