I have SAP business object Data Service 4.0 base component installed at my laptop. I want to use data quality features of the tool. I believe I need to install the data quality component on top of the base component in order for me to use those features. My company has already bought the license for all the components. But, I am not able to figure out what are all I need tinstall, how I need to install and configure and where are those files located. We raised a incident at SAP customer support telling our problem, but they are also not providing us the correct files,links and reference guide for installation. One of the files that they sent us only providing us the firm,name cleansing directories but not address directories for different engines.
Can somebody help me to resolve the issue . We all in the team are pretty new to this tool, so not able to understand how should we approach.
Data Services, by default, installs the Data Quality and the Data Integrator piece. The license key you register 'unlocks' the ability to use the DQ transforms (and/or DI transforms) if they are indeed licensed. Nothing special to install for this.
There is referential data that must be installed based on what you license:
- Address Directories--you license the countries that you want (Customer Support does not have access to see what you have licensed. The best they can do is simulate your S-User ID to see what is available to you to download..may or may be representative of what your company has licensed.) Download these packages from SMP and extract them into your reference_data folder or wherever you reference these files in your dataflows.
- Cleansing Packages--this is a separate download and install from the software and the address directories. You must run the installer on it (documentation for this is in Data Services Installation Guide (Windows/UNIX).
If you need to understand what you have licensed, you will want to talk to your account executive/sales rep or MRAM.
Hope this information is helpful to you.
Thanks so much for your reply. The two files that we could download is SBOP_DQM_SDK_4.0_SP2_MULTOS_64B__DL_
Are those correct files or we need something more. We tried to run the setup for those, but, not sure if we did it right. Moreover, it did not give us any option for installing or configuring address cleansing directories.
These are data cleansing packages. For Address Directories, These must be downloaded separately from SMP. Here is the path.
1. Access the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP) site: http://service.sap.com/bosap-support
2. Select Software Downloads.
3. From the left pane, select BusinessObjects Downloads > Address Directories & Reference Data> Installations and Upgrades
Hope it helps
The first package you mention is not for Data Services, but rather the Data Quality Management SDK. I believe from your first comment that you already have this installed and if that is the case, you can ignore this next section.
If not installed:
If you truly want Data Services, you will find the correct package on SMP under Software Downloads > Installations and Upgrades > A-Z Index > D > SAP Data Services > SBOP Data Services 4.0 > <OS>. You will find packages for both Data Services (server and client if you need them separate--server package also contains client) as well as SBOP Information Plat Svcs 4.0 SP 02 which is a required component to be able to install Data Serices.
As Suraj points out, the separate Address Directories can be found in BusinessObjects Downloads > Address Directories & Reference Data> Installations and Upgrades.
but you must license these directories before any will appear in your package download list. They are additional downloads to the Cleansing Package and to Data Service/Information Platform Services.