On the WDJ side, you can use the WDPortalEventing API http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/ce711sp02/wdr/com.sap.wdr/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/event/api/WDPortalEventing.html
On your external web app, if it's running on the same domain as your portal you can use the EPCM framework for eventing, see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/4a/337cde50161c62e10000000a42189c/content.htm
If the external app is not running on the same domain, you can use the following to use eventing:
- embed a hidden iFrame in your esternal app.
- this iFrame contains a simple portal application
- now, if you want to send an event from your web app, you do so by changing the url of the iframe src by adding a parameter to the url
- your portal app should read this parameter, and since it's running on the same domain as youtr portal is capable of firing an EPCM event to your WDJ app
Hope this explains
1. I am calling an external web application(eg: http://www.xxxxx.com/) from WDJ application using -
WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, parameterString,
PCD contains the external application URL iview(http://www.xxxxx.com/ - online shopping website).
2. In the external application we are selecting some data( eg: shopping cart. The return parameters are material number and quantity)
3. After the selection of data, on the action of a button, the external application sholud fire an event to return back to our WDJ application along with the data selected from the external application.
note: The external application is running in a different server.
"- embed a hidden iFrame in your external app.
- this iFrame contains a simple portal application"
Can we achieve this in external webapplication?
"- now, if you want to send an event from your web app, you do so by changing the url of the iframe src by adding a parameter to the url"
I dont understand this part. Please explain it!!.
How to fire an event from the external application ?
Please help me in this!!