I have to do sale order costing for services and trading goods for my client. The scenario is as follows:
My client is engaged in providing technical services at the doorsteps of their customers. For this the technical person goes to customer premises and do the services.After completion of work, they return back. Now, a sale order is to be created for in which the time spent by the technical person is entered through Timesheet (through Activity type) and if any material is used, then the price of the same is enterd. Now all cost and revenue is to be flown to COPA .
Can anyone guide me , how the configuration for the above scenario is to be done so that after billing, the cost and revenue may be available in COPA.
waiting for an urgent response.
Can u be a little more expalnative??
i explain u wat i did.
1) I created a sale order with a service material (1617- services)
2) then in unit costing i enterd one internal activity type (E) with cost center and activity and quantity. the rate was assigned in KP26. so it picked the rate and gave total value.
3) After saving, the cost value flow to price detrmination with condition EK01. now i saved it . Record the sale order number.
4) Now, through time sheet, or direct activity allocation , i entered the actual time spent by the technical person.
5) Now i can see the actula time spent , planned time , planned amount, variance (if any ) in sale order analysis report (KKBC_KUN).
Now my question is that, i want these all in copa report.. but i am not aware for this.
Please guide in detail wat do do next.
waiting for an urgent reply.
Thanks Ajay again for reply.
As i said i am very new in CO. so I did wat i thought would be suitable..
Can u please guide me in detail:
1) Whether after sale order saving, the sale order data flow to COPA (report type A), and if yes then which part?
2) then after transferring Timesheet to controlling, whether the time and cost transfer to COPA and if yes then which part?
3) After billing my accounting Doc. is as follow:
01 3219 (A/C no.) TCC Comm. 20000 Dr
50 400001 (A/C No.) Sales Revenue 20000 Cr
then I want to know that in Allocation structure, where will i assign the revenue GL.
4) Can u please suggest a flowchart from sale order creation to COPA report after settlement.
I would appreciate you for your help in this scenario.
Waiting for a quick response.
Sales Order cost will not flow to COPA after saving Sales Order (M2O scenario). However, after saving Sales order, the necessary COPA characteristics are derived. You can view these characteristics in Sales Order display.
During the Billing, no COPA document will be generated.
After creating the Billing, run the Results Analysis for Sales Order (KKA3) and run the Sales Order Settlement (VA88). The Sales order cost & revenue will flow to COPA after the Sales Order Settlement.
We dont want to do result analysis process. We have created sale order, then unit cost estimate was saved in sale order. we can see the planned cost and revenue in KKBC_KUN report. then created timesheet and transferred to controlling through CAT2 and CAT7. then in KKBC_KUN report, we can see the planned and actual cost and variance if any. After that billing is done. When we run the KE24 report for actual line item, we can see the document in report type A (incoming sale order), but when same report is run for report type F (Billing data), it shows that no line item selected.
My question is- why after billing no data flowed to actual line item in ke24 report type F?
Can you please guide me how many documents generated in these process with the journal entries?
Cost is not seen in ke30 report, though Revenue and no. of hours are seen. Why?
If you have any particular document kindly provide the link for the same.
Plz find my reply to your queries:
In M2O with Sales Order costing, the Billing document details will not flow to COPA with record type "F". The sales order cost and revenue details will flow to COPA only after Sales Order Settlement. This will flow with record type "C". I suggest you to perform the KKA3 and VA88 and check whether you are able to see the Cost and Revenue details in COPA.
Hope the below links may help you:
You can find the details for "Customer services - Call Management"
The below link provides the details for "Sales-Order-Costing"
Particularly refer sub heading "constraints"