We're using EP 7.01 SP4 and ECC6.
The decision buttons which are defined in a workflow in the back end are not displaying. The task action buttons are there but the actual decision buttons from the workflow are not displaying in the UWL. They are displaying fine in the back end. This would suggest that there is something wrong with my xml config file.
This is the config for the task in question:
<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.decision.TS99500528.SAP_R3_WORKFLOW" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="viewDetail" executionMode="default">
<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_R3_WORKFLOW" externalType="TS99500528" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>
I do not have actions listed as the actions are supposed to come from the back end.
This opens the task in the same window. If I remove the above, the task opens in a new window and the decision buttons are there but the action buttons are not and the look of the task in wrong.
I have researched on this site and while some people had a similar problem due to the SP they were on (SP18) but have checked with Basis and they assure me we're not on that SP.
So if anyone can shed any light, I'd be most grateful.
Firstly thanks for the response. I have checked that property and nothing is there. I've noticed that the task behaves as expected in our quality system but not in our dev system.. It's the same xml file so I cannot understand why it's behaving different between the two systems.
If it is working correctly in one system and not in the other, then check the following:
Turn on the UWL support information in both the systems and make sure that the UWL item is picking up the right XML configuration in both the places.
The UWL support information is a very useful thing to identify if the correct XML configuration is being picked up for the UWL items.
I have turned on UWL support info and both systems are picking up the right xml file. I have checked that the file is the same also.
One strange thing I've noticed is that the number of supported actions for the task is different between the 2 systems. Why is that or where would you define such a thing as I don't define them in my xml file?
A reason for this behavior might be that the XML configuration file cannot be generated due to the missing RFC destination for the provider connector. As a result of that, the item type information such as available actions, dynamic parameters, visualization parameters, cannot be retrieved from the backend system.
Please Refer to SAP Note 1133821 and create the RFC destination and check if this will solve your issue.
As Shanti mentioned, note 1133821 should resolve this issue for you, but a few more hints in regards to this issue. Here is what you need to do:
Please review also note number 1133821 and let me know if you have
followed the steps in the message:
1. Open the Visual Administrator.
2. Navigate to the Cluster -> <INSTANCE ID> -> Server <SERVER NAME> ->
Services -> Destinations.
3. Double click on Destinations node.
4. Under Destinations select RFC node.
5. Click on "New" button.
6. In the "Enter destination name:" input dialog give as destination
name the following: <SYSTEM ALIAS>$<UWL CONNECTOR TYPE>
(e.g.: BXTCLNT100$WebFlowConnector )
7. Fill in the following fields: System ID, Message Server, Logon Group
Language, Client, Username, Password. The other fields remain default.
(Make sure the user you specify has "SAP_BC_UWL_SERVICE" role assigned.
This is needed to fetch the technical informations from the backend.)
8. Click on the "Save and Test" button
9. "Successfully connected to system <SYSTEM ID> as user <Username>"
info dialog has to appear.
10. In other cases check the settings again and check the connection to
the backend system.
- Check that after applying Note 1133821 the destination names and the
UWL connector names exactly match, even considering case-sensitiveness.
If your portal system alias (=UWL connector name) is for example
XYZCLNT100, then the rfc destination name should be exactly
XYZCLNT100$WebFlowConnector. Please correct the rfc destination
- After you have checked/prepared the RFC destination for the future use
please delete that connector in the UWL config UI (Portal->System
Administration->System Configuration->Universal Worklist) with which you
would like to use this RFC destination.
- restart the portal cluster
- recreate and reregister connector
Now retest. Are you still seeing the issue?
The UWL service user was refactored and the steps need to be applied now
and the RFC connection set up in order for this to work properly.
Also, please note, when you are setting this up in Visual Administrator (RFC connection) that there is an issue also if you set load balancing to = NO. Please see note number: 1494620 also.
EP - Senior Support Consultant
AGS Primary Support, Business Suite & Technology
Please see the UWL Wiki @
I am facing the same issue, May I know what is the least SP needed to avoid this issue. please find the below information and see if you can give any inputs.
Any time I am registering the system XML file linked with uwl.webflow.SAP_SRM is getting changed Please find the xml code for latest change
<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.decision.TS96000007.SAP_SRM" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="DefaultView" defaultAction="viewDetail" executionMode="default">
<ItemTypeCriteria systemId="SAP_SRM" externalType="TS96000007" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>