I have seen so many people asking if this is possible in BPM to generate custom task names to be shown in UWL, so I though maybe I write a blog on this so that it will benefit people interested in learning BPM. This blog guides through the process of generating task (human activities) with a customized name by including values from the Process Context (such as Employee Name or a Request Id). Below is the step by step procedure on how to do this:
1. Open the task and navigate to User Texts as shown below
2. Click the Add button available on the Right side to add a variable
3. Rename the variable as required and then click on the Edit button available on Right to map it to context attribute (From where the value should come)
4. Follow steps 2 and 3 to add require variables
5. Now change the task name that should appear in the UWL by including the variables created above (Include them in curly brackets)
After completion of these steps, save-build and deploy the Process Composer project. Once you invoke the new deployed process, task should be generated with the customized names. Make sure that while mapping the variables, you should map the variable to the UIRequest since this will have the incoming data for the process context while UIResponse would be blank at the time task is created.