Beginning of June I joined the unit „SAP HANA Platform for Healthcare and Life Sciences” in Products & Innovation at SAP. I am very excited about this opportunity; as I spent many years in genome research and bioinformatics and can now return to my home turf. An inflection point has been reached where Big Data can truly mean a difference for patients and biological/pharmaceutical research & drug development.
Time to share with you some resources that I personally found very useful to get up to speed:
- COPE with Cancer, an impressive movie that shows what is already possible in cancer care with SAP’s technology.
- During Prof. Hasso Plattner's Keynote at SAPPHIRE NOW, Prof. Dr. Christof von Kalle (NCT Heidelberg) demonstrated how SAP HANA can help improve cancer treatment.
- The NCT in Heidelberg sets on SAP HANA Medical Research Insights
- Also from SAPPHIRE NOW. “Patient Outcomes Through Real-Time Analysis of Big Data“: CancerLinq/ASCO. The 2015 ASCO Presidential Address doesn't mention SAP explicitly, but it does highlight the ASCO vision in regards to big data.
- Roche Diabetes Care and SAP create App for personalized health management