After three years in SAP's Global Partner Operations, I have just now joined the unit „SAP HANA Platform for Healthcare and Life Sciences” in Products & Innovation at SAP. I am very excited about this opportunity; I spent many years in Genome Research and now an inflection point has been reached where Big Data can mean a difference for patients and biological/pharmaceutical research.
Time to share with you some resources that I personally found very useful to get up to speed.
- COPE with Cancer, an impressive movie that shows what is already possible in cancer care with SAP’s technology.
- During Prof. Hasso Plattner's Keynote at SAPPHIRE NOW, Prof. Dr. Christof von Kalle (NCT Heidelberg) demonstrated how SAP HANA can help improve cancer treatment.
- The NCT in Heidelberg sets on SAP HANA Medical Research Insights
- Fast track to food security
- Also from SAPPHIRE NOW. “Patient Outcomes Through Real-Time Analysis of Big Data“: CancerLinq/ASCO
- Roche Diabetes Care and SAP create App for personalized health management
More background information
- TreatmentMAP- Technology Trailblazer Award at SAPPHIRE NOW - short mention in SAP's The Spin
- “Changes coming to the healthcare sector will be profound […] faster than anyone is prepared for.” Enterprise Irregulars interviews Molecular Health.
- Personalized medicine: Time for one-person trials – Nature article