The promise of SAP Rapid Deployment solutions can be summed up like this:
- To reduce implementation time to less than 12 weeks, and in many cases, to less than 8 weeks,
- To reduce implementation costs by 20% and total cost by 40%, and
- To provide predetermined and predictable service and software costs, implementation time, and expected outcomes.
Specifically, how is this accomplished?
- First off, we offer the choice of smaller, modular, incremental software that provides "quick hits" for the customer to solve business problems, and future-proofs the investment through underlying SAP software that is easily integrated into other portfolio elements now and in future deployments. As a result, the solutions can be implemented within 12 weeks.
- "Solution-specific" implementation tools delivered as part of both the software AND the services streamline the work of the project team from the very first meeting, enabling us to meet the objectives of reducing implementation costs by 20%, AND bringing the services to software expenditures closer to 1:1-a dramatic reduction. Some of these include:
- o Pre-configured software components that apply a predetermined scope based on Business Best Practices, and that accomplish the data integration within the underlying landscape.
- o The inclusion of SAP Best Practices, extensively leveraged by SAP Business All-in-One, that utilize our industry-specific and customer-specific experiences. These pre-built data elements, processes, and data integrations help to drastically reduce the implementation time.
- o Content following the phases of SAP's Implementation Methodology guide your project teams with checklists (for pre-requisite actions, for example), guides (implementation guides that cover each phase), questionnaires (so that scoping can be accomplished quickly, and without starting from scratch), and other tools that combine to reduce the implementation services cost, bringing the relationship of services to software close to 1:1.
The predefined implementation services, combined together with the software, thus help you to realize the lower service to software ratio, right from the first meeting.
Additional Rapid Deployment Solutions To Come
The fourth and final blog in this series will provide for you an overview of the upcoming RDS releases in October, when SAP will introduce several additional solution offerings in the areas of Environmental Health and Safety, IT Service Desk Operation, and Sales and Operation Planning.
For further information on SAP Rapid Deployment solutions:
RDS Virtual Event: http://bit.ly/d23Smn
RDS on SAP.com: http://bit.ly/9ohTU7