I’m very excited about this webinar about SAP’s vision for hybrid IT architectures consisting of on premise and cloud service offerings. This is an under discussed topic in the industry, and we’ll at least try to crack open the topic here.
You’ll hear about two different initiatives that SAP is engaged in:
- Two tier ERP architectures where the lower tier for subsidiaries is provided by SaaS
- SaaS point solutions that are designed with direct integration into on premise applications
If you think a little further into the architectural implications of this, an experienced enterprise architect should start coming up with a whole host of deep questions. Please bring those questions to this webinar – we will do our best to answer them.
The team is presenting, and is prepared to answer hard questions such as:
- What are integration requirements?
- What are integration scenarios that are easily supported?
- How good are the SAP Cloud services?
- What needs to change in on premise operations to better support hybrid architectures?
- When does it make sense to purchase a cloud service versus an on premise solution right now? What about the near future?
- My CIO needs to build a cloud strategy, what would next steps be?
If you can think of any better questions, comment to this blog and I’ll make sure they get asked.
We will be tweetcasting this webinar under the tag: #SAPCloudCast
Below is the abstract, and we’ll see you tomorrow.
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Time: 8:00 a.m. PDT / 11:00 a.m. EDT
Join SAP for an insightful Webcast about cloud computing deployment in a hybrid environment. Hear from SAP experts who will discuss two scenarios in which SAP customers deploy cloud solutions to support business processes on premise, on demand, and on device in an orchestrated manner:
- The first scenario, SAP Business ByDesign solution for subsidiaries, focuses extensively on use cases for integrating an SAP Business ByDesign on-demand tenant deployed for a subsidiary with an SAP Business Suite on-premise instance deployed at the parent company
- The second scenario presents use cases for integrating an on-demand solution for large enterprise lines of business, such as the SAP Sales OnDemand solution, with devices such as the Apple iPad and on-premise solutions such as the SAP Business Suite applications
Vice President, Co-Innovation OnDemand Product Management, SAP
Product Manager, Co-Innovation OnDemand, SAP
Solution Manager, SAP Business ByDesign for Subsidiaries, SAP