We are currently working on a new version (2.47) of webElements.
There are several new features in this build:
- there is a new select control for showing or hiding other webElements controls on a report...see the pictures below.
- there is a text box control where you can view the URL that is created by webElements when you press the submit button. this is handy for debugging your opendocument syntax as you can copy and paste the output to a new browser.
- the weBuilder function can now handle more data...before the weBuilder function was limited to a total of 64k for all of the controls / elements. now each control can have 64k of output as the weBuilder function can use an array.
- the weViewer function has a couple more options to hide some of the toolbar buttons. the Group Tree and the Parameter panel can be hidden as well.
There are a couple of bug fixes as well.
The beta version can be downloaded from here. Press the "View this Code Sample" button to download.
The production version (webElements 2.46) is featured Crystal Reports webElements.
If you would like to test this new beta out then we encourage you to do so plus provide feedback and suggestions by replying to this blog post. Three of the new features are based on requests from you, our SDN community.
Some NOTES on this beta 247 build:
1) *** Please do not use these functions in your production environment as they are beta functions. If you do use them in your production environment you should test them sufficiently.
2) If you wish to use the new weBuilder method to bring in more data to this function, please see the weBuilder function on the download sample. Note that the allelements collection of controls is an array. Using an array allows each control to be 64k of output. You can still use the old non-array method too, so existing reports don't have to be changed if they are working okay.
3) The new show - hide control and the new URL output control are in the FormControls folder of the webElements custom function library. Both of these new controls are on this 247 beta download.
4) There may be later updates to the 247 beta.