The ASUG Portal Influence Council brings together interested members of the ASUG Portals Community to share information, ideas, best practices regarding the SAP NetWeaver Portal, and to facilitate communication of strategies and product improvements based on customer needs to SAP portal product management.
The scope of the council includes portal core capabilities, content management and integration, collaboration, as well as portal implementation and operations.
During 2010 the council commenced a number of activities and strategic sessions like:
- Preview of the SAP Portal 7.3 investments and Enterprise Workspaces
- Preview of BOBJ integration options with SAP portal and KM
- Preview of the upcoming content integration capability via ECM-I layer
- Discussion on SAP’s approach to design and development of UIs
- Strategy discussion on portal personalization direction
- Preview of proof of concept with SAP mobile portal
- Preview of backend system integration automation
- Inputs on current and future standards support within the portal
- We also concluded a formal cycle of enhancement gathering and reviews with SAP resulting in many making it to the portal product backlog.
In 2011 we will renew the council's charter and continue to represent customers' perspective in product strategy and innovation discussions.
The membership in the council is available to ASUG Installation members qualified based on the responses to the survey. We are again seeking representative companies from cross section of industries and multiple usage models who are able to commit time and resources to the council process to join the council.
If you would like to be a part of the active Netweaver Portals Influence Council please complete the following: Click Here to be directed to the survey. Survey results will be tabulated and new council members will be contacted by the chairperson.