On Monday, February 28, 2011 you’ll see a very different SAP BusinessObjects Community. Change to community always takes some time to get used to and it's not something we take lightly. With the upcoming launch of SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 and the pervasive use of the term "Business Analytics", we decided to take this opportunity to align with how SAP presents BI, EIM, EPM, and GRC (among other) solutions. You'll be hearing a lot about SAP business analytics, if you have not already (for example, the recently launched EcoHub Business Analytic MarketPlace).
What to Expect
The most obvious change will be the rebranding of the community as the Business Analytics Community (BAC). This means that the top-level tab will change from "Business Analytics" and all references to the community will be updated. In addition to the rebranding, you’ll see the following navigational changes:
- Addition of Crystal Reports for .NET, Crystal Reports for Eclipse, BusinessObjects BI Platform, and SAP BusinessObjects BI for SAP topic area pages.
- Addition of SDK Library and Code Samples links to the top, second-level navigation
- Addition of a Business Intelligence topic area page
- Minor changes to product area names to reflect whether they are “SAP Crystal” or “SAP BusinessObjects”
- Addition of Enterprise Information Management topic area
- Removal of the ‘Solutions’ and ‘BI Best Practices’ items from the left navigation, to simplify access (these links will still be available on the Business Intelligence page).
So what will this look like, exactly? Here’s a snapshot of the fully expanded left navigation, although all menus will be collapsed initially:
SAP Crystal Solutions Support
Crystal Reports Design*
Crystal Reports .NET*
Crystal Reports for Eclipse*
Crystal Interactive Analysis
Dashboard Design (Xcelsius)
BusinessObjects Web Intelligence
BusinessObjects BI Platform*
BusinessObjects BI for SAP*
BusinessObjects BI OnDemand
Enterprise Information Management
Enterprise Data Warehousing
Content - BI Content
In-memory Analytics - BW Accelerator
Master Data Management
Data Integration and Quality Management
Information Lifecycle Management
Enterprise Content Management
* These areas will be shared with SDN, where they currently reside.
What NOT to Expect
There will be no changes to the following on February 28, 2011:
- You’ll still see the familiar "SAP Crystal" and "SAP BusinessObjects" throughout the community (probably even more so).
- BI and EIM areas on SDN (except for the removal of the StreamWork API topic area)
- Existing URLs
- BI blogs, forums, and wikis – Change Has Come to the BusinessObjects Community Blogs and Wiki
We hope you find that this one-stop access to BI, EIM, EPM, and GRC (among other) information is a better community experience.