Conversion Values (formly known as Transform Tables) are plain text files in which you can specify the value mapping rules. It allows you to import a value to SAP Business One according to the value in the legacy system. But it can be used for any value needed to be transformed.
Lets take the example where we want to import Items but in the file we have specified the ItemGroupName and not the ItemGroupCode. You can use this functionality as follows:
1. Create a new text file which should have only two columns. Each row has the source data and target data seperated by a comma...please ensure there are no spaces between the commas. Note for each transformation field you need a seperate text file.Items,100
2. Import the file and on Step 5 click on the tab Mapping Rules select the Source Field you want to map to the Conversion Value. In our example we will select Conversion Values for ItemsGroupCode.
3. We will then create a new conversion/transformation rule by clicking on the Create icon.
4. In File Name: select the text file you created in Step 1. Conversion Rule Name: provide a name for this rule. Click Save once this is done.
5. Select the Target Field you are creating this conversion rule for from the drop down list. When complete click on the Open icon.
6. To save or reload the mapping rules click on the Map Rule button. Click save and specify the Name and Description of this mapping rule. Finally click on the open icon to load it.
To copy Rules from one computer to another see Note 887761.