As usual, before getting started I want to provide a quick recap of where we are with the Reportapalooza competition. This is the last week of voting before the final winner is announced on Nov 22th!
- Challenge #1 (Done) – Winner , Mico Yuk (Check out my Coffee Consumption Calculator)
- Challenge #2 (Done) – Winner, Mico Yuk (based on traffic sent to Report a Hero Page)
- Challenge #3 (Done) – Winner, Brian Durning (voted best Crystal Reports Video by Community)
- Challenge #4 (Done) – Winner, David Deitch (voted best Charity Dashboard by Community)
- Challenge #5 (In Progress) – What this series of blog post is about.
- Community Dashboard Challenge (In Progress) – Vote until Nov 12th for your favorite community dashboard.
5 Simple Step to getting your Xcelsius (aka #SCDD) model ready!
2. Add the GMaps Plugin to your Xcelsius dashboard
3. Configure your Excel spreadsheet to hold 2 columns of data for the Google Map: 1) Map Address 2) Map Labels
4. Go to Data Connections in Xcelsius -> Add the ‘Crystal Reports Data Consumer' Connection
5. Configure the ‘Crystal Reports Data Consumer’ Connection so that the ‘Row Headers’ are bound to the Excel cell area you created in Step #3
In Part 3 I will focus on the final step: Bringing your Xcelsius Map into Crystal Reports. One last thing, please don’t forget to cast your votes on the 3 dashboards that were submitted by the community to show your support.