This is the basic stuff you may check when IDOCs are missing in the BW side (or you are facing performance issues when sending them):
Configurations in the Source System
Check if the ports and output modes are properly set:
- Under the “Partner Type LS” folder, click on the logical name of the BW system.
- Double click on the Message Type RSINFO from the “Outbound Paramtrs.” frame.
- Make sure the Output Mode is set to transfer the IDOCs Immediately.
- Double click on the “Receiver port”.
- Ensure the port is pointing to the correct RFC Destination.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 for the RSSEND Message Type and steps 2 and 3 for the RSRQST inbound parameter.
Sometimes, the issue is caused by lack of resources.
The Max. Conn. Parameter can be increased if all connections are being used. This setting will adjust the maximum number of dialog work processes that can be used to transfer the qRFCs LUWs to the destination.
The Status "WAITING" in SMQS may indicate the necessity of increasing the "Max. Conn." parameter. The "INACTIVE" status means the limit has not been reached yet.
However, you should also consider the number of dialog processes that are present in the BW system. The maximum number of connections should be half of this number, but usually, not more than 10. For example:
- If BW has 16 Dialog Proceses, Max. Conn. should be the half: 8.
- If BW has 24 Dialog Processes, Max. Conn. should be 10.
To be 100% honest, I have never dealt myself with any issue that was solved by this. I did find some OSS messages though, so it's always good to make sure this is properly set.
The RFC user on BW, which receives data from the OLTP system (assigned on SM59 in the Source System) should have the S_BI-WHM_RFC profile. This may be checked in SU01 in the BW system.
The RFC user on the OLTP system, which receives requests from the BW system, should have the S_BI-WX_RFC profile. This may be checked in SU01 in the Source System. This profile will be used to connect the OLTP to BW, extract data, send data to BW and show monitoring logs.
There is also a chance that the IDOCs are missing due to bugs in the tRFC programs. The list below contains the most important tRFC Notes that correct common bugs that affect BW loads. Most of them should be applied in the Source System.
I decided not to make it a Wiki because this list was made based on solutions of OSS Messages. I'll make additions as more is found. Please, feel free to make suggestions.
Kernel patch: 7.01: 89 and 7.20: 45
Kernel patch: 7.00: 220 and 6.40: 296.
PI_BASIS 2005.1 620 - 2005.1 700 Support Package 11
Release 610 SAPKB61048
Release 620 SAPKB62061
Release 640 SAPKB64019
Release 700 SAPKB70010
(Thank Isabel Grande for providing this list)