Relevant versions: BPC5.x+
Using Excel “FORMS” to provide end user initiated function selection capability:
- Form the Excel menu View>Toolbars>Forms The forms toolbar will appear.
- To create a user selectable “button”, select the form that looks like a grey rectangle.
- Create the button by moving your cursor to the desired location and trace out the location of the button. You can always resize and reposition the button at a latter date by access the object’s Format Control.
- When you create the button, you will be asked to identify a macro for the object. The macro is the excel program that will be executed when the button is clicked.
- The following macros are typically used within BPC applications:
[Same as "REFRESH WORKBOOK"
[Same as "SEND AND REFRESH SCHELDULE"]
- Edit the text of the new button by right clicking on the button outline and selecting “Edit Text” from the context menu:
- Final product: you now have a “button” that will allow the user to initiate specific actions.