A set of useful UI components bundled together.Since months I was ask more and more often about how to get started with Flexible UI component development in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio. Since there are no wizards or plugins for Flexible UI components available, developers often struggle with the project setup and the required XML configuration file. I have put together a sample SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio project, including the most requested UI components I was faced the last few months. Beside the java soruce code, also the XML file configuration is plugged in.
Components in details...You will find the following components in the sample ZIP archive:
- Layout Controller: The sample implements a simple layout plus an own neutral control, which is required to place the sub-elements (ResourceRenderer and CollectionRenderer) in the corresponding area.
- Collection Renderer: This sample renders just some resource information in a grid layout.
- Resource Renderer: This sample renders the display name propertiy in a grid layout
- Property Renderer: This sample renders the VersionHistrory size in a property
- External UI Command: This sample renders a UI command which launches an ecternet URL.
- Screenflow Command: This sample renders a action on a resource with a confirmation dialogue and event handling.
I want develop my own component – and now ?Of course you simply can copy the whole project and rename the relevant folder and files on the file system. Import the renamed project to SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio.
- Rename the folder of the project in the filesystem
- Rename the project name in the .project file if you want to import it in parallel to the sample project.
- Adjust the project variable KMC_LIBS and possibly others you have set.
- Make sure you have the latest KMC library in the path of the variable KMC_LIBS
- Adjust the java package structure
- Remove all UI component samples you do not want to use
- Remove all configuration files of the deleted components
- Adjust the XML files for the new package structure
- Adjust the application key in IRFServiceWrapper interface
- Adjust ca.name and cma.name property in configArchive.properties
Additional informationFurther information on Flexible UI development can be found in the following code samples:
- Using Flexible UI Ready-Mades
- Implementing Flexible UI One-Step-Screenflow
- Implementing Resource List Filters for Flexible UI Navigation
- Writing custom renderers for KM property groups
- How to Implement Flexible UI Components