cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink to a file not working using CRviewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report with a hyperlink that calls a file and passes a parameter (e.g. "notepad.exe parmfile.txt".) This works fine the the development environment (CR11) but not when the report is viewed with CRViewer.dll. The report itself displays properly in the viewer, and when the mouse is over the hyperlink is changes to a hand, but clicking on the hyperlink does nothing. In the Crystal development environment it correctly calls Notepad and opens the file parmfile.txt.

The CRViewer.dll is version 11.0.0.2570, dated 8/13/2007.

Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is a known issue (ADAPT00823033).

Please use the latest merge modules when deploying your project. It was fixed in commonXIwinMHF11.

Cheers,

Fritz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a million, Fritz. You just saved a life.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Fritz.

Sorry, I spoke too soon. It still doesn't work.

I've downloaded and installed what I believe to be the latest merge modules (they're dated 7/4/2007) and I've installed SP4. I have no idea where to find that hot fix you mentioned. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Larry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I spoke too soon. It still doesn't work.

fritzfeltus
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Excuse the delay, I was on holiday.

Download the fix here:

ftp://ftp.businessobjects.com/pub/incoming/commonXIwin_mhf_200801.zip

ADAPT00823033 Patch ID: 40406681

Description:

View a Crystal Report containing a parameterized link to an application using the ActiveX viewer and the Report Designer

Component (RDC). When clicking the hyperlink nothing happens. In the Crystal Reports Designer the hyperlink works as

expected.

New Behavior:

The hyperlink works now and the application is called with the according parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent, Fritz! That was exactly what I needed.

Thank you once again.

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the similar problem. Tried to download from the link but the link is down.

Pls provide the alternate link.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for searching the foums. Very appreciated.

I am assuming you are using CR XI R1 (11.0.x). If that is the case, [this|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006008952008E/crXIwin_sp4.zip] is your file. If not, seach the [downloads|http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm] page.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek.

I am using CR XI R2. On which release of XI R2, is this issue fixed?

Thanks,

Abhinav

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Didn't know tis was an issue in CR XI R2, but always go for the latest:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100015859952009E/crxir2win_sp6.exe

The above may not install - depending on what SP you are on at this time...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the help. I was able to get my stuff going.

One more thing I want to know... which merge module do i need to add in my installer for CR11 R2.

Thanks

Abhinav

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the wiki [Crystal Reports Report Designer Component Runtime Distribution - Versions pre 8.0.x to 12.0|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReportsReportDesignerComponentRuntimeDistribution-Versionspre8.0.xto12.0].

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

To launch the exe from the crystal report

- In VB 6.0 , we launched the exe from within the crystal report CLICKED event in VB code instead of using the hyperlink. The CLICKED event has a parameter EVENTINFO that gave the index of the row as well as the field being clicked.

- Some of our client apps are in .NET. The crystal report viewer CLICK event does not provide EVENTINFO. Is there any other way to find the row and field being clicked in report?

Abhinav

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The .NET viewer does not have any way to find the row and field being clicked in report.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Thanks.

We managed to successfully implement this in CR XI R@ in VB 6.0.

Through my .NET viewer, I am not able to call an exe with command line arguments. I have following references added to my project.

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll - 10.5.0.1943

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll - 10.5.0.1943

CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll - 10.5.0.1943

CrystalDecisions.Web.dll - 10.5.0.1943

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll - 10.5.0.1943

Abhinav

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue still seems to be unresolved in the Merge Modules for Service Pack 6.4 (RDC, XI R2, WinForm).