Holiday Calender - Floating holidays

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has holiday calender 3 days A, B, C - out of which

A - Fixed holiday

B & C - Floating holidays.

For year 2008, A, B & C are showing in Holiday calender

But for year 2009 only A is being shown. So I presume, B & C are not showing as they are floating and per std sap function, floating holidays are to be created every year explicitly. Right?

Now I want to have B & C in 2009 H.Calender as well.

Do I have to create one again for 2009, if yes, how?

OR

Is there any work around to make these floating holidays changed to Fixed holidays.

Please suggest....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

honcho

First of all, there is no need to create holiday calender again, and do not delete the floting (moveable) holidays. Go to the existing floting holiday and insert the date for the current year.

Ensure that the validity of that holiday in Holiday Calender is existing for the current year.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

VKP
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In TC - SCAL, select Holiday Calendar - change.

Then select the holiday calendar which has B & C and click on change.

Then select B & C and click on ' Delete Assignment' .

next gotu public holidays and change B & C to fixed holidays and re- assign them to ur holiday calendar.

Note - u need to do this if ur holidays B & C are on the same days every year, else extend the validity as Priya has sugested.

Regards,

Vishwas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks mates!

Have awarded Priya and Vishwas 6 and Echo 2.

Honcho-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all to clear your doubt, there is no need to create a separate holiday calendar if you have created already...

To solve your problem, you have to select the holiday which is already created and then create period as when that particular holiday occurs in the year 2009..

Then you have to select the holiday calendar and extend the already assigned cloating holiday to the year 2009..

Hope it helps you..

Regards

Priya

VKP
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If the public holidays B & C are already assigned to a holiday calendar, you cannot change them, so 1st unassign them from the holiday calendar, and then select the public holidays B & C and change them to fixed holidays, and again assign them to the holiday calendar.

Regards,

Vishwas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishwas

When you say unassign, you mean delete them and re create right?

OR

Can I edit on the screen itself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can only make these floating holidays "fixed" in next year's calendar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Echo,

Does that mean, I have to create the HCalender again for 2009 including these holidays as fixed.

Do I do it from SCAL again?