cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cotext node attributes not displayed in configuration.

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My problem is i am not able to see the context node and its attributes in the configuration tab in my view.

Under structure tab in component workbench, i could see the context nodes and attributes present ( which i had mentioned while creating the view through wizard ) , i have also written code in .htm plus the context nodes are present as Page attribute in .htm but still when i go to the configuration tab, i cant see the context nodes there in available fields.

But, when i implement getter setter for any attribute of a node, then it becomes available in the configuration tab with only that attribute . Rest attributes of context node ( which getter-setters are not implemented ) are not present in config. tab.

However, in many std. componet views, we can find all the context nodes and all there attributes present in the config tab though their getter-setters are not implemented.

Can anyone guide me as how do i achieve the same in my view ?

Am i missing out anything ?

Kindly guid me as how to get the context node attributes in Configuration Tab of a view .

Thanks ,

Suchita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does help. I have the problem myself once in a while

I suppose it is caused by a missing entry in the component enhancement table, but am not sure. Did not debug it myself.

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Carsten,

You tip solved my problem. When i enhanced the component controller, i got all the attributes in configuration tool.

Thanks A lot !! I am giving you full points.

Once again thanks !!

Regards,

Suchita

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though its quite an old post...

The ideal way to go about this would be:

SPRO->CRM->UI Framework->UI Framework Definition->Design Layer->Deactivate Hiding of Fields

Check the checkbox: No Hiding of fields by design layer.

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suchita,

try enhancing the component controller.

Suppose you have not done that already. There seems to be a "flaw" in SAP coding.

cheers Carsten.

Edited by: Carsten Kasper on Aug 21, 2008 9:03 AM

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Yes, i have not enhanced the component controller. I will try that too..lets see if it helps.

Thanks A lot for your suggestion.

Regards,

Suchita

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suchita,

are you in an enhanced componente?

cheers Carsten

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Yes i am in the enhanced component. I have created this view in enhanced component.

Can you suggest me any solution ?

Regards,

Suchita

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Suchita,

When you go to attributes of the context node class do you see BASE_ENTITY_NAME set to something?

Best Regards,

Yevgen

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yevgen,

Thanks For the reply. Yes, I do see BASE_ENTITY attribute set to the same context node which is missing in the configuration tab.

Any solution ??

Regards,

Suchita

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Suchita,

Weird problem....

Did you try deleting and recreating the configuration?

Best Regards,

Yevgen