cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect authorization object is checked in SU53. SU53 checks the wrong BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am setting up a new user and a new role in CRM 4.0.

When coming to BP maintenance I get some frustrating errors.

I have created a role with BP and SU53 transaction codes assigned.

I have given the authorization to two BP roles:

- 000000 (BP General) Activity: Display

- ZCRM41 (Potential customer) Activity: Display and Edit.

I can display the BP role '000000' but when trying to change to BP role 'ZCRM41' I get No authorization.

SU53 indicates that I am trying to enter another BP role than ZCRM41.

As a result no authorization is given. If I add the BP role the SU53 indicates and retry SU53 another BP role is checked and so on...

Anyone who knows what is wrong?

Points will be rewared!

Thanks,

//anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SU53 clearly mentions the role when you expand the tree below. Anyhow, cross check your BP role name and role name in SU53. They must be matching.

If it is not the case, then that role must be present somewhere in roles defined for that particular user.

Correct your authorizations according to SU53 in that role.

Dont run behind BP role only. Authorization issue can be in any other role also.

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is not clear to me. Can you let me know what authorization objects are used?

Regards, sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for coming back.

The issue we experienced was related to authorizatiuon object B_BUPA_RLT.

We granted display and edit authorization for different B_BUPA_RLT, e.g '000000' and 'ZCRM41'. However, when trying to select 'ZCRM41' in t-code BP we got the message: 'No authorization to change partner in role Customer'

Looking into SU53 the checked BR role is not the ZCRM41 but 'BBP000', which was not selected.

Thanks,

//anders

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

Thanks for providing me the details. Now I am clear abt the problem.

This is a sort of puzzling tome. Such a behavior should not happen. It can happen only:

a) In SU53, are you seeing the role 'ZCRM41' and customer role as an additional check? If this is the case, there might be some dependency assigned like role groupings (check in SPRO under business partner if these two roles form a role) or if there is any functional dependency.

b) Also make sure that you have assigned and generated the right profile for the role. Some time in a hurry we might miss to cross check this.

c) For business partners, the role authority check is done inside function module BUP_BUPA_EVENT_AUTH1. We need to debug here to find cause for this problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

I figured out that the issue was related to the BP role settings (in BUPT) and more specifically the higher level BP role and the 'Do not update BP role' check.

However, the SU53 did not make it easy for us to understand the issue...

BR,

//anders

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Now I understand. This is on a lower ABA release (<640). In the recent ABA release the roles concept has been changed,

Regards, Sudheer,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean with lower ABA? In which CRM version was this changed?

Thanks,

//a

sudheer-tammana
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For roles the new behavior is from ABA 640 which is from CRM 5.0.

Regards, Sudheer.