Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBAN generation in PA30 via LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

First of all: Sorry for my bad english.

We want to generate SEPA (IBAN and BIC) from the old values (german: Kto.-Nr. and BLZ)

via the IBAN-Button in the PA30. These Button is shown in the IT 9, 11 and 118.

We try this generation via LSMW, but in LSMW the IBAN-Buttons are not shown!

In LSMW are different GUI-Builds then in the original transactions. We know that.

Is there any way to changes this or to activate the IBAN-Button?

We have LSMW Build 4.0.0 from 31.08.2004(?), SAP 7.10 and do not want to go over

SE16 and an extern conversion before that.

Many thanks for any suggestion!

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Found it very difficult to decipher ur querry but i guess it means Unicode Conversion to take place in converting ur original language to english.The best possible idea is you go for idoc type in your message type as IBAN_CHANGE in your LSMW and the file(inbound) to be unicode compatibility.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Found it very difficult to decipher ur querry but i guess it means Unicode Conversion to take place in converting ur original language to english.The best possible idea is you go for idoc type in your message type as IBAN_CHANGE in your LSMW and the file(inbound) to be unicode compatibility.

0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath!

Sorry, I mean this: In the European Unity there will be a new banking system. The accounting numbers and bank numbers will be changed. Therefore SAP allows in the HR-transaction PA30 the conversion via a button (called "IBAN").

In LSMW this button ist deactivated.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

i don´t know that it´s helping you, but you can use the IDoc IBAN_SAVEREPLICA to send IBAN through ALE IDoc.

maybe it´s useful.

0 Kudos

Maybe a new idea! Thanks!

I´ve now try something with the IDoc IBAN_CREATE. But it seems so, that I must have an extern source? With IDoc I have no practise.

We will only generate automatic the current values to IBAN. Not so easy to do...

Edited by: Michael Poll on Aug 19, 2008 10:08 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Answer from SAP: An automatic generation of the IBAN is not allowed. According to legal regulations, only the bank that manages the account may generate an IBAN for this bank account number.The IBANs generated by the system are to be considered as an input help.

Workaround:

I also encounter this problem with mass IBAN generation using LSMW. The IBAN button is not activated while recording the BDC even you activate IBAN or SEPA (the reason is described above). One difference is that IBAN is stored in a separate table TIBAN and SEPA si stored directly in infotype table PA0009. As an workaround you can try to generate the IBAN from Bank number and Bank Account by writing code directly in LSMW "Field Mapping and Conversion Rules" section. You can also perform an initial validation by generating and comparing the Ctrl key. But please keep in mind that there is a risk and it is your/customer responsibility to check and validate the generated IBAN's with those provided by the bank.

For details about building the code to generate the IBAN please see also http://scn.sap.com/thread/1075911.

Usefull SAP notes related to IBAN and SEPA:

Note 1012293 - IBAN and maintenance of bank master data

Note 1447761 - Overview of the IBAN converters

Note 1706894 - For countries without IBAN

Note 1062489 - DMEE format for SEPA credit transfers