cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport error: Communication failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have scheduled reports on Web Intelligence. When they try to run we are getting errors that make them fail.

One of the errors is "Transport error: Communication failure"

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

What can you do to overcome it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have also encountered these issue, Could you provide the the time-out setting for Liunx platform?

thanks

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i only had this issue when my session timeout,

or i lose the connection between the server and the client by any way.

check the timeout, and your network infrastructure

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you advise how to change the default timeout settings in Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic and Eric,

You can change the timeout settings for the linux server in the following way.

To resolve this issue, please add ' -requesttimeout xxx' to WebiJobServer command in ccm.sh, where xx is in milliseconds. xx should be greater than the time, the report takes to run.

Restart WebiJobServer.

Also from CMC, Servers->WebiReportServer, change the connection timeout to the same time in minutes.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having these errors.

BusinessObjects_w3wp = Transport error: Invalid object reference

BusinessObjects_WIReportServer = Transport error: Invalid object reference

BusinessObjects_ConnectionServer = Transport error: Communication failure.

For the past two weeks the services are not working correctly and every morning I have to reboot the server to get it running.

Here is the error that the users are seeing when they try to run reports.

An error has occurred: Could not initialize Report Engine server. (Error: RWI 00226)

HELP!!! Executive Management wants to pull this platform if this problem is not resolved ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If in case your reports are lengthy Web Intelligence document, the following error message appears:

"Transport Communication Failure".

The error message occurs because the Web Intelligence Report Server time-out value is set to the default value. It must be increased to accommodate lengthy reports.

To resolve the error message

Open the Central Configuration Manager.

Stop the Web Intelligence Report server.

Right-click Web Intelligence Report Server > click Properties.

Type u201C-RequestTimeout Nu201D in the command line. The variable u201CNu201D is the desired time-out duration in milliseconds.

The Web Intelligence Report Server command line will look similar to the following:

"
SERVERNAME\C$\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\win32_x86\WIReportServer.exe" -service -name rcam-001.Web_IntelligenceReportServer -ns SERVERNAME -RequestTimeout 3600000 -restart

In this example, "-RequestTimeout 3600000" is the content added to the command line.

Before making any changes ensure that no other user is using the server.

Regards,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another reason, may be you have multiple NIC cards on the BOE server.

In that case,

1. Go to Start > Setting > Network and Dial up connections > Advanced > Advanced Setting.

2. Change the order of the defined NICs. Click the NIC used by the Central Management Server and then click the Up arrow button to increase the priority of that NIC so it is accessed before the other NIC.

Regards,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayendra,

i actually tried wat you have explained. i couldnt open the command line. And i tried opening the exe in the path which you have given. but it's just opening and getting closed.

i have tried this is in another environment i.e. my test environment, there the command line is getting opened but i cannot type any text into that.

please help me out in this regard.

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go throught the note again.

I have never asked you to execute (click) the exe...

the only thing I have asked you is to do th the CCM, and edit the command line arguments.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

You could visit a non official BOBJ forum and see some of the posts there regarding this message: [www.forumtopics.com/busobj] or easier yet, Google Transport error: Communication failure and see the posts in the above forum.

They seem to be CMC related.

Regards

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

As with the other error I've been looking on the BOB forum and googling it but with mixed results.

Cheers

Dom