cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Broadcaster - An Active RFC Server could not be found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to broadcast a workbook to my mailbox through Information Broadcasting, i am trying this in BI 7.0 system. In the Broadcasting wizard, I gave my mailid & the other required credentials. But when i click on Schedule, i am getting a Error message "An Active RFC Server could not be found. Error occured during processing of framework class CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL, type PROD".

I checked in SU01 & my mailid is already added there. So, where am i missing or is there any settings need to be done for the Broadcaster to work?

Thanks,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like there is a problem connecting to the precalc server. Have you verified the precalc server is available using RSPRECADMIN.

Do you have multiple precalc servers or just one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about this Precalc server installation. I checked in the Transaction RSPRECADMIN but didnt find any server name there.

Is it Mandatory that the Precalc server need to be installed for Broadcaster to work? Please guide me on how to proceed further.

Thanks,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is mandatory the precalculation server is needed for distributing the workbook..

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012003146900000085752006E/HowtoInformationBroadcasting.pdf

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The precalc server is not needed if you are generating html output, but certainly is mandatory for the Broiacaster to run/distribute BEx Excel Workbooks.

The BW needs access to a Windows computer that has Excel on it. The BW connects to the Precacl and sends it a request it run a BEx wkbk, which the BW then can email to users.

The precalc server is a Windows Service. You can install it locally on your desktop, or it can be installed on a windows server. There is a little config that needs to be done. The How To Troubleshoot Information Broadcasting link in the other resposne will provide all the steps. You should obtain the most current version of the software from SAP.

You'll need a precalc server for each BW system in your landscape that you want to broadcast BEx wkbks from, so if you have Dev and QA systems, you'll need precalcs for them as well.

c_s3
Participant
0 Kudos

If the Precalc server is your own windows system rather than a seperate server. I suppose for all scheduled jobs ones computer needs to be on.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have experienced the same problem. We fixed it with checking and deleting the locks in the lock table. Transaction SM12. After the deadlock being repaired, everything worked fine.

BR

Marcus