cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workforce Deployment - does it really exist?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

I have been asked to investigate Workforce Deployment by my employer.

I can find some brief information on sap.com, but not even a link to the any part of the solution on help.sap.com

On SAP.com it says it is made up of three parts:

Project Resource Planning

is it the same as Service Resource Planning in CRM?

Or maybe it is part of cProjects - there seems to be some resource planning stuff there.

Resource and Program Management

is this the same as Resource and Portfolio Managment?

Retail Scheduling

where is this deployed from?

Can anyone assist me in defining what it can do, how we can implement it, what module it is part of etc?

Thanks alot,

Greg

Edited by: Greg Newman on Aug 20, 2008 8:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Workforce deployment is a generic term that normally refers to : Benefits, Payroll and Time Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

thanks for trying but thats the opposite of what SAP.COM says - workforce deployment is a completely seperate component to those modules.

cheers

greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

This depends on what modules we are talking about. What I mentioned is specific to the HR. There is a vertical solution called SAP Professional Services, which offers the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some research, here is what I found out : There is a Workforce Deployment and Staffworks module. It seems to be very specific to the retail industry.

Learnt something new ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Venki,

Thanks for your interest and assistance, the area of workforce deployment - a subset of SAP HCM is divided into three areas (straight from sap.com):

The features and functions of SAP ERP HCM that help you manage workforce deployment include:

• Project resource planning

o Support project resource planning.

o Assign employees to appropriate jobs, projects, and teams using a workforce-scheduling application designed for professional service organizations.

• Resource and program management

o Unify project management, time tracking, financial data, and employee skills information using a portfolio management paradigm.

o Support resource management, project portfolio management, project execution, and skills management.

o Facilitate workforce deployment across other SAP solutions.

o Create project teams based on skills and availability, monitor project progress, track time, and analyze results.

• Retail scheduling

o Schedule retail staff based on customer volume, shift schedules, and skills.

But from what i can tell project resource planning could be part of CRM for profesional services (last mentioned in crm 4.0 and never since).

Resource and Program Management could be just the xAPP XRPM which is a Resource and Project Management tool and Retail scheduling is the stuff you found which is again part of CRM.

All i want is someone to confirm that this is indeed true, because none of these things are mentioned anywhere in the ERP help section of help.sap.com so its hard to tell what these things are meant to do or how they do it!

Thanks again

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your e-mail id. I might have some literature for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

cheers mate, i am on greg.newmanATsaphr.com

thanks a lot,

greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

My employer also aske dme to work on the workforce deployment.

I think this is a new concept which is more specific to retail industry.

There is one more concept called workforce management which supports bit to the workforce deployment.

Similar to your problem i didnt got any document on workforce deployment.

If you have something plz share with me. Hopefully we will get some help on this.

Appreciate if you like to work with mw on workforce deployment. I started long back but gave up the issue. Hope will start to work again on WFD.

i800294
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

There was a labor scheduling application available from SAP named Workforce Deployment. This application is specific to Retail. The application has since been renamed to SAP Workforce Management. Additional information can be found on BPX under SAP Workforce Management under the Retail Industry -> Shopper Experience.

Regards,

Karen