cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the size of all InfoCubes and DSO's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client wants a complete list of all InfoCubes and DSO's in terms of size (no records but KB). This list of the Cubes / DSO's gives us a picture of the used storage per Area and can be charged. Iu2019ve seen some threats and looked into the possibilities of ST14 and DB02. ST14 provides the ideal list but with a restriction for the top 30 InfoCubes and the top 30 DSO's. Does anyone know how to get such a list for all InfoCubes and DSO's?

Thnx in advance,

Henk.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction DB02. There in third table "Tables and indexes", you will find a tab for "Detailed Analysis". Just click on that and put a pattren to consider all the data targets in the system. The pattern can be like "Z*".

Hope this info helps you.

Regards,

Yogesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henk,

while I am searching for some performance problems in our BI, I tried to look through the new DB02 of BI 7.0. And there is a function which helps a lot creating lists of Cube, DSOs and so on:

Start DB02

On the left side find SPACE -> Additional Functions -> BW Analysis

A Doubleclick will give you a broad survey of the current memory disposition regarding BI/BW objects.

In the BW Area "Cubes & related objects" you can find Infocube E- and F-Facttable. Depending on the Compressed state of your cubes you will find more data in E or F. Just doubleclick on one of these Entries. In my environment currently F-Tables are more effective.

You will then get a list of all Infocubes with size.

You will have to this for E and F Tables and some up over the Infocubes. But, because this will show only the Cubes and not the partitions of the cube it will be much easier to handle than DB02OLD.

Perhaps this helps, because you did not mention your BW/BI release.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

I can't give you any more advice than the guys before. Just one addition:

The DB02 is different for different database systems. The description fits to a Oracle database DB02 in BW3.5

If you have a Oracle based system you can use DB02 in BW 3.5. In BI 7.0 DB02 looks very different. But DB02OLD will do the job there.

BTW, if someone has a less manual approach, I would really like to hear it. A few hundred Infocube partitions will prevent Excel from doing the job.

Kind regards,

Jürgen Kirsch

Ralf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When I had to answer this question, I downloaded the list of all tables with size (KB) from DB02 and exported this to Excel. Depending on the system this might be some 10K lines (Restricting to show only tables above 100 KB might help to get under the old Excel limit of 64K rows)

In Excel I used a simple formula to get the main name of the cube into an extra column (Get rid of the /BIC/F or /BIB/E prefix, as well as treating the dimension tables with their suffix)

By doing so I was able to view and filter all the star schema tables for a cube and sum up the size.

When adding a VLOOKUP to a download of table RSTSODS you can even identify the PSA tables to their infosource.

All in all it's not the perfect way, as it involves some manual crafting in Excel, but it helped us to identify which data was using up the diskspace and at that time I also had the same problem as you now.

Hope this helps,

Ralf