Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - IDOC Status 51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm relatively new to SAP so please bear with me. I am currently working on a <b>CRM data migration project</b>. I have used a DTD package in SQL server to extract data from an SQL database to flat text files from the legacy system. I've configured LSMW based on the SAP documentation and have completed the IDOC processing stage. When I create the <b>IDOC overview</b>, I have a list of status 51 errors related to a series of IDOC's.

Now I am assuming I am getting these errors due to validation problems with the files. But I am unsure how to locate and troubleshoot these errors. I have drilled down into the IDOC overview list and under <b>"Status Records"</b> with code 51. I am getting these errors:

<b>1) Error status 'A ' calling validation service

Message no. CRMXIF_COMMON010

2) Validation error occurred: Module CRM_BUPA_MAIN_VAL , BDoc type BUPA_MAIN .

Message no. SMW3018

3) Invalid sales and distribution area

Message no. CRM_ORGMAN203

4) Partner 0000203077 (8399CF43CC83530EE10000000A000041 😞 the following errors

occurred

Message no. BUPA_MW_EXCHANGE010</b>

A previous colleague who was working on the project has created an infoset to help troubleshoot IDOC errors. When I run the infoset it returns this information for the first IDOC.

<b>IDOC Number: 0000000000012042

Status of IDOC: Application document not posted

Status Counter: 0000000000000014

Date Created: 19.01.2006

Time st created: 17:02:16

Parameter 1: CRM_BUPA_MAIN_VAL

StatusText: Validation error occurred: Module &1, BDoc type &2.

Parameter2: BUPA_MAIN

StatCode: blank</b>

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Whenever an IDOC comes into a sysytem, it tries to create an application document.

Say, for example, an ORDERS Idoc creates a Sales document number.

Any IDoc which has a processing status 51, mean that it has failed to create the application document due to invalid data in the IDoc.

In your case it is <b>Invalid sales and distribution area</b>. So, look for this filed in the Idoc and try to correct it by send ing a valid sales area.

Regards,

Ravi

9 REPLIES 9

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Whenever an IDOC comes into a sysytem, it tries to create an application document.

Say, for example, an ORDERS Idoc creates a Sales document number.

Any IDoc which has a processing status 51, mean that it has failed to create the application document due to invalid data in the IDoc.

In your case it is <b>Invalid sales and distribution area</b>. So, look for this filed in the Idoc and try to correct it by send ing a valid sales area.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know the business object for which the you are uploading data.

The errors 3 and 4 represent invalid data. The Partner, sales & distribution area should be already available in the system.

Regarding error 2, CRM_BUPA_MAIN_VAL is a function module called during the Inbound BDoc processing. You can try debugging this FM.

Thanks

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick replies Ravi & Kamal. I've looked through the individual fields in the data records => segments. Some of the errors I have been getting have been telephone no issues, suggesting telephone must not contain country code. The <b>Partner xxxxxxxxxx</b> errors are a bit vague. Nothing in the error documentation to help me.

In <b>Maintain Object Attributes</b> section of LSMW I have nothing listed under Business Objects. As the radio button selection is IDOC. I'm using:

<b>Mesage Type: CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE

Basic Type: CRMXIF_PARTNER_SAVE01</b>

Would you be able to give me guideline's on debugging the function module <b>CRM_BUPA_MAIN_VAL</b>. As I assume I would need to somehow process the indvidual IDOC's with status 51 in debug mode. But I don't know of a transaction in SAP that allows you to <b>manually process</b> IDOC's?

Regards,

Phil

0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

You can manually process IDoc using we19 transaction by giving the Idoc number and pressing Inbound Processing button. Before doing that, you should keep a break point in the FM CRM_BUPA_MAIN_VAL.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Are you passing the partner functions in the external format by any chance? A ship-to should WE(internal format) not SH(external format). Check those inputs and see if that is the problem.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I may know what the problem is. I ran LSMW up to the <b>IDOC processing stage</b> earlier in the day then cancelled it as it was taking too long to process. I then ran LSMW on a subset of the original data, in order to process the IDOC's quickly for testing purposes. I'm suspecting the <b>Partner error</b> I am recieving is because when I re-run LSMW some of the IDOC's had already been generated and posted from the previous run. So the error's are flagging due to <b>duplicate business partners</b> that have previously been created.

Would this explain the Partner errors?

Srinivia where would I find the partner function settings so I know if they are set to WE or SH. Apologies for my lack of knowledge most of this had been pre-configured by a previous consultant so i only started looking at this yesterday.

Thanks again for your help, greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil

0 Kudos

Table TPAUM has that information. PARVW is the internal format and PABEZ is the external format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks all for your help. I've managed to resolve the issue now. The errors were caused from a previous load earlier in the day causing duplicate business partner conflictions. I ran a refresh of the client over the weekend and re-run the load. All the IDOC's have processed successfully.

Regards,

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil

I have an exact same issue, could you advise how you resolved it..

Regards

Ranjeet