The account group is a classifying feature within customer master records. The account group determines:
In which number range the customer account number should be.
Whether the number is assigned by the user or by the system;
Which specifications are necessary or possible in the master record.
XD07 is the T Code to change the account group of a customer
Account group is the highest level of customer master data. Customers are classified into various account groups .A.G. satisfies the following functionalities in SAP-SD
1. It controls the field controls of customer master. i.e. It determines which fields are mandatory and which fields are not needed, which ones are optional etc.
2. It classifies customers for the usage of customers for various functions
3. It links the partner functions also. The account groups which are mapped to a particular partner function can work as that partner function.
Hope this helps you to understand better
First thing to understand, when talking about a Customer number in SAP, you are generally talking about a Business Partner record that has been assigned a particular account group which controls the information and functions that business partner can have.
1. Depending upon the account group assigned to a business partner, it can function as one or all of those partner functions for itself or any other business partner in your system.
2. Account groups determine which fields in the customer master record are required, optional, or suppressed. By turning off certain field in an account group, you limit which partner function it can perform.
3. Account group controls the way the numbers are assigned to the partners, it can be internal or external based on the settings in the account group.
4. Account group determines whether the business partner is a one-time customer or one-time vendor.
Changes to the account group and the accompanying partner functions can only be made from a lower level to a higher level.
For example, this means that a sold-to party cannot be assigned the function of a payer as fields which have already been maintained for this sold-to party would have to be masked. However, you can assign the sold-to party function to a payer.
You can change the account group (XD07) for the following partner functions:
Ship-to party, Bill-to party , Payer.
Hi I am new to this community !
I need help on Customer Account Group! the problem is :
I want to convert customer account groups such as
Ship To -> Sold To
Payer -> Sod To
based on the conversion I need
cash management group
terms of payment
to be changed ! I need to do this using BAPI so pls let me know if someone has solution ??
thanks in advance!
Account group is used to determine...
1. which fields are ready to accept input and which fields require entries when master records are created and changed.
2. whether the account is a one-time account.
3. whether the data retention levels "sub-range" and/or "plant" are allowed for a vendor master record
Account groups allow you to group together accounts according to the above criteria. You define the account number interval and the number assignment type using number ranges.
Nothing will happen in accounting entries as long as the Reconciliation Account is same
TCode - OMSG
Edited by: Julfikar Ali on Oct 31, 2008 7:33 AM