Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XK05 Vendor Blocking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In XK05 I see 3 sections

1. Posting Block -- is this for Invoice posting blocking only?

2. Purchasing Block - is this for blocking PO only?

3. Block for quality reasons - what is this block for?

What r the differences in these 3 sections? esecially blocking for quality reasons?

I tried putting a total block (99) in "Blocking for quality reasons" but I didn't get any error message in ME21N.

Whereas, when I put purchase block I get error in ME21N. Also, just blocking for posting does not give a error in ME21N

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Posting Block -- is this for Invoice posting blocking only?

While Posting to the Invoice you will see the error for posting block

2. Purchasing Block - is this for blocking PO only?

Suppose you would like to prevent further deliveries from a vendor who has supplied goods of poor quality. You can freeze or "block" the vendor account in the vendor master record.

Once you have set the blocking indicator in the vendor master record, purchase orders can no longer be placed with this vendor. The "blocked" status for the vendor applies until such time as you cancel the blocking indicator.

3. Block for quality reasons - what is this block for?

A block for quality reasons applies only to those materials for which QM in procurement is active.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member627351
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

XK05 T.Code is mainly blocking the vendor at a client level so the first block

Posting block: mainly deals with the blocking of invoices

purchasing block:

This is for blocking Vendors via purchasing.

the options show how actually they are to be blocked weather the vendor has to be blocked for all the Porg or for selected Porg

Block for qty reasons

blocking vendors based on certain purchasing functionality like based on RFQ, PO,GR etc

I hope this gave small information

Award if it helped you in any way

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In XK05 following will use as

1. Posting Block -- you can not do any posting for this vendor in FI but you can prepare PO..

2. Purchasing Block - you can not raise any PO for vendor.

3. Block for quality reasons - When mateial is not as per standard at the time Block for quality reasons is required maintained.

Hope above will helpful.

GOPAN