cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Engine Error [On Cache/Page Server: servername.pageserver]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community.. This is my first post, so please forgive if I leave out crucial details or format this improperly. I know many forums are sticklers for protocol.

When I try to export a report from the Crystal Report Viewer window to Excel format, I receive the following error:

Crystal Report: Print Engine Error [On Cache/Page Server: SRVEPMS1.pageserver]

I can export to all other formats, including Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word.

Before I ran into this issue, I was trying to schedule the report to run to a .csv or .xls and both were failing with error "The request could not be submitted for background processing." Again, I can schedule to any other format and the report will run properly.

The system is Server 2003 R2 SP2. Crystal is product version 10.0.

Any ideas for troubleshooting this would be appreciated. If I am in the wrong forum, please redirect. I couldn't find the "Crystal Reports for Dummies" area.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

As you issue is related to enterprise, please post your question to BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration forums.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case anyone sees this error with scheduling a report or attempting to export a report to Microsoft Excel, the solution is to install CE10 Service Pack 2 or later. In my case, I installed Service Pack 6 and this issue went away, but I am told that Service Pack 2 or later will clear it up.

I hope that this helps anyone who has seen this problem.

- Andrew