DA0004 A connection required to refresh this document is unavailable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am getting this error for reports that are 'slow':

DA0004 A connection required to refresh this document is unavailable

BusinessObjects 5.1.7

WebIntelligence 2.7.3

If I connect directly to /wi InfoView I have no problem.

Any ideas? please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Triying to keep my question alive. All help is welcome!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matilde,

The issue might be due to the connection mode is set to Asynchronous.

Set the connection mode to synchronous.

Here are the steps to follow:

a). Launch Designer and open

the universe.

b). Go to File > Parameters. The "Universe Parameters"

window appears.

c). Click the "Edit" button. The "Drivers" window

appears.

d). Go to the "Advanced" tab and check the option "Use synchronous mode" under the "Connection Mode" section.

1. Check your universe connection is set to u201CDisconnect after each transaction ".

2. Verify all the objects you use in your universe can be parsed successfully.

3. Compare the SQL statement generated on Full client with the SQL statement generated with ZABO and Web Intelligence: They must be the same. Use dimensions and measures to test your reports on Full Client, ZABO and Web Intelligence.

Or

Incase you have moved your repository the try the following solution:

1. Make sure that the universe, which may have been recently migrated, is pointing to a valid connection in the target repository.

2. Delete all '.LSI' files on the Broadcast Agent Server in order to remove references to the old connection IDs and universe IDs.

3. During the migration of the report, after it is opened in the target repository, edit every query and then click 'Save and close'. This will guarantee that all data providers will point to the correct new universe ID instead of the old universe ID.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarbhjeet,

First at all many thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it, especially after ALL support for BO disappeared when SAP took it over. Even paying as much as we are paying for supportI couldnu2019t get through any telephone number they listed!! Not a single humain being behind. What a shame!

At the time we already investigated your suggestions, even knowing it wasnu2019t really possible because our system did not have any modifications, universes have not been changed for a year.

After deep investigation we actually found that the problem started after a mass upgrade to IE7 and that it affected only ZABO.

The FIX is located here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181050

Add a ReceiveTimeout DWORD value with a data value of (<number of seconds>)*1000 in the following registry key:

1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

For example, if you want the timeout duration to be 8 minutes, set the ReceiveTimeout data value to 480000 (<480>*1000).

2. Restart your computer.

Best regards,

M.