SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMS with CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can anyone help me with my doubt regards SAP solution with VMS.

We have two different companies, one that is responsible of importing the cars and the other one is responsible for accessorizing and some PDI services. In this scenario, we are thinking about using CS for service orders that the second company executes, but we are not sure on how to assign those costs to the individual vehicle, taking in consideration that that stock is part of the first companyu2019s inventory. Is there any way in VMS and CS standard of managing this kind of situations? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

"wrong forum" is the best answer I can give...

Please take a look at the [forum overview|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1] and let us know where you expect the experts to be for your question? Your question can then be moved there.

Cheers,

Julius

ps: please also read "the rules" at the top of the forum pages and do not cross-post - this messes up the search.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

"wrong forum" is the best answer I can give...

Please take a look at the [forum overview|https://forums.sdn.sap.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1] and let us know where you expect the experts to be for your question? Your question can then be moved there.

Cheers,

Julius

ps: please also read "the rules" at the top of the forum pages and do not cross-post - this messes up the search.

0 Kudos

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and I really appreciate if you move my question at Expert Forums » Industries » SAP for Automotive Solution

0 Kudos

Hello Ivette

There are some customer implementation projects where VMS and CS has been used as mentioned in your query.

From VMS, a CS service order can be triggered using the action SMOR. The necessary coding for this action needs to be checked to pass the vehicle related information and project specific requirements to CS. This will ensure that the VMS Vehicle History contains the link to the CS Service Order.

Further when the CS Service Order process is completed, the cost of the vehicle should be updated. In VMS the standard action SMOC allows to set the status of service order as complete.

a) A suggested approach can be create a custom action which uses the SMOC and RVAL. The standard VMS action RVAL can be used to re-valuate the value of the vehicle with the values from service order.

b) Depending on the customeru2019s process flow, another approach can be to check the CS Service Order user-exits for the correct integration point, when CS order is completed to trigger an RVAL action.

Use of the standard VMS BAPI is recommended, so that the validations are performed and correct update of the vehicle history with statuses.

Let us know if the above information was helpful.

Raju

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help, it is really helpful!

I have a question: Does this revaluation scenario apply also when the company that owns the car, and the company that manage the service order are different?

Thanks again, Ivette.

Edited by: Ivette Castaneda on Sep 6, 2008 1:54 AM