cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAXDDRT Licence Problem after 5 times of Export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I get an licence Error, that i only can use 5 licence concurrent.

I make an Export and can close the Report, but it does not work.

Anyone with an solution ?

Code :

Dim myapp As CRAXDDRT.Application

myapp = New CRAXDDRT.Application

Dim objreportdocument As CRAXDDRT.Report

objreportdocument = myapp.OpenReport(Datei.FullName)

objreportdocument.DisplayProgressDialog = False

objreportdocument.ExportOptions.FormatType = CRAXDDRT.CRExportFormatType.crEFTPortableDocFormat

objreportdocument.ExportOptions.DestinationType = CRAXDDRT.CRExportDestinationType.crEDTDiskFile

objreportdocument.ExportOptions.DiskFileName = ("C:\Test.pdf")

objreportdocument.Export(False)

objreportdocument = Nothing

myapp.CanClose()

myapp = Nothing

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not use the craxddrt.dll. Use the craxdrt.dll

Dim myapp As CRAXDRT.Application

myapp = New CRAXDRT.Application

Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your work.

Now, because of the while .. end while, i see that the printing process does not stop, after the file exist. Can i stop this process autoamtically ? Then i have the solution i think.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you want it to stop(?). I would not want the export process to stop just because the file exists. E.G.; the file may exist in name, but is it actually completed? The process should stop automatically once the report export is actually finished.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how can i see if it is ready to do the next export .

I now tried to do it with the printing inprogress / printingcompleted. but this is not the right way, because the licence limit also comes up.

The other Versions of craxdrt and crystal 11 doesnot work with these reports. So i have only this chance to export them.

Do you have another idea ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I understand. The code below, should help you in not starting the next print job until the 1st print job is done.

While Report.PrintingStatus.Progress = crPrintingInProgress

DoEvents

Wend

You can not run any number of reports at the same time. The report engine does have a limit (I suppose for CR 8.5 it's 5 - I don't remember as this is a very old version of CR). Or am I missing something here?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek,

you right understand.

I try to do

While objreportdocument.PrintingStatus.Progress = 2 'and inprogress........

Console.WriteLine("warten : ", Now)

End While

If i see the export and go to the next line, the printingstatus is "completed" but it seems not to be ready, because i get the licence info.

So i can't recognized if the export is completed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it !!!! )))

I have to code the myapp. as application.... at the beginning of the whole Application.

It was in a sub, so it was everytime generated and this is not allowed !!!

Thank you for your helpfull ideas and your work.

It's great to have such a forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

with both, craxdrt or craxddrt the same reaction.

Another idea ?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide more details regarding the error.

1) Do you get this running a report the first time? Do you get it after running the report several times?

2) Is this happening on your development computer or after you deploy the app?

3) What version of CR are you using and what is the Service Pack level?

4) Confirm that you are using VB 6 and provide full code as it pertains to Crystal reports.

5) Provide the exact error message

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Do you get this running a report the first time? Do you get it after running the report several times?

I get it after 5 times in the same project. I open a report, export it and close the report. Then the same procedure with another report.

2) Is this happening on your development computer or after you deploy the app?

On the development system

3) What version of CR are you using and what is the Service Pack level?

I use on the developing machine 8.5 developer Version, XI DEveloper. Both with VS2003 and vb.net

4) Confirm that you are using VB 6 and provide full code as it pertains to Crystal reports.

no i doesnot use VB 6. I use VB 2003 with the craxdrt reference

5) Provide the exact error message

It means :

There are no more licence than 5. Please ask your system admin or buy at seagate online.......

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, couple of things:

1) The RDC (craxdrt.dll), of any version has not been tested in .NET and is thus not supported in .NET. For details of RDC support in .NET see page 4 of the following document:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0751a7f-a81d-2b10-55a0-e6df0e1b...

2) I'd like you to modify your code a bit and see if that helps. Remove myapp.CanClose() and

myapp = Nothing. Instead use this code:

DoEvents

Wend

You should not need to use myapp.CanClose() at all and I would recommend using myapp = Nothing only once you are ready to close the actual app exe. Thus your code should look something like this:

Dim myapp As CRAXDRT.Application

myapp = New CRAXDRT.Application

Dim objreportdocument As CRAXDRT.Report

objreportdocument = myapp.OpenReport(Datei.FullName)

objreportdocument.DisplayProgressDialog = False

objreportdocument.ExportOptions.FormatType = CRAXDDRT.CRExportFormatType.crEFTPortableDocFormat

objreportdocument.ExportOptions.DestinationType = CRAXDRT.CRExportDestinationType.crEDTDiskFile

objreportdocument.ExportOptions.DiskFileName = ("C:Test.pdf";)

objreportdocument.Export(False)

DoEvents

Wend

'rest of your app

'when ready top close app

myapp = Nothing

'this unloads the craxdrt.dll

If the above does not help, I'd recommend moving to the CR assemblies for .NET available in any version of Crystal Reports, higher than 8.5. E.G.; .NET 2003 bundles with CR 9.1 and this is the first version of CR fully supported in .NET.

Also, please note that using craxDDrt.dll involves other licensing issues. E.G.; for CR 8.5 you should be in posession of the Report Creation API license and all installs of the app using craxddrt.dll also need this RCAPI license. E.G.; use craxdrt.dll.

Ludek