cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Docking in SAP R/3 ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I'm struggling to make 2-step w/ planned cross docking work. Basically, unable to connect the planned with the candidate document.

Here is the scenario:

1. (Candidate) Outbound delivery created with a delivery date / time of 09/04/08 - 10:00 (No TO initiated)

2. (Planned) Inbound delivery created with a delivery date / time of 09/04/08 - 12:00 (No TO initiated)

The system invokes different messages based on the following config. settings: (These messages occur when I right click on the inbound delivery and select "plan cross docking")

Setting 1:

Planning time: 1 D

Default Release: 1D

Def Latest Release: -

Message: No inbound documents have been selected for planning

Setting 2:

Planning time: 1 D

Default Release: 1D

Def Latest Release: 1D

Message: Time ref. 09/04/2008 10:00:00 of plan.doc. xxxxxxxxx does not match cand.documents time refs

BTW, it's a simple setup WITHOUT transportation, yard management, HUM or SUT.

Thanks in advance for your valuable comments!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Were you able to figure out the solution of this problem? I am am struck in a similar situaton where I get this message.

No inbound documents have been selected for planning

or

No outbound documents have been selected for planning

When both the inbound and the outbound document shows up in the cross dock monitor, why am I not able to plan them?

I would be really thankful if you can provide me with the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got the answer of this question? I am also getting same message whrn both inound & outbound documents can be seen on monitor.

Shekhar

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

The error message (LXDCK001, isn't it?) points at a timing problem but I'm sadly at a loss as to its cause. These are my settings on warehouse number level in detail, in case you wish to compare them to yours:

Two-Step: /

Storage Type: /

OppXDck: 01

Consider FIFO: /

FIFO Tolerance: /

FIFO UoM: /

Time Ref: 01

Planning Time Window: 1,0

Default Release Time: 1,0

Def. Lat. Release Time: 1,0

UoM: HR

As mentioned before, an inbound delivery with delivery time 10:00 and an outbound delivery with delivery time 12:00 (same day) can be assigned to each other in planned CD based on these settings.

Best regards,

Christiane

Edited by: Christiane Schnellenbach on Mar 5, 2010 6:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me know have configured warehouse, if so

maintain Palletization data in WH view 2.

and do the planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane / Raghavendra,

I did try the same scenario with a new Outbound & Inbound Document but to no avail. I get the same error. And yes I have maintained the palletization data in the WM2 view.

regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the IMG setting as below under warehouse management

1. maintain WH level settings - ex:001,X,001,04

2. Define CD relevant per m.type - 101 and 601

3. Deine CD decision number ranges.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Yes, the planning window is calculated by deducting the planning time from the latest release time. To my knowledge, the release time is only relevant to Yard Management. I tested your scenario (inbound delivery time 10:00, outbound delivery time 12:00, latest release time and planning time 1 hour each) and was able to link inbound and outbound delivery in a CD decision, as expected. Could you please try again with new documents and let me know the result? Thank you.

Best regards,

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

were any of you able to solve this issue ?

Also it will be great if anybody can post the configuration for this IMG

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

Your problem is indeed caused by a similar situation: The "latest release time" of your outbound delivery is 09/04/10, 11:00, as is the "release time" (12:00 - 1 hour). Since your planning time is again 1 hour, the slot for Cross-Docking for that outbound delivery is from 10:00 to 11:00. The delivery time of your inbound delivery (9:00) is thus outside the slot, and the system consequently refuses Cross-Docking.

Best regards,

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christiane,

First & foremost appreciate your quick response.

As per what you say (& If I have understood it correctly) having the Delivery Date & Time of the Inbound as 09.04.2010 10:00 would solve the issue ? I did change the Inbound Delivery time but to no avail.......as per my example.....what do you think should be the Inbound/Outbound Date & Time

If I understood right, as per my example, the Outbound Delivery time is set to 12:00, the latest release time is set to 1 hr thus the latest time for the outbound to be released is 11:00 (Outbound Del time - latest rel time)

Planning time is again 1hr, so planning window is from 10:00 to 11:00 - [(Outbound Del time - latest rel time) - Planning time]. Hence if I set the Inbound time to 10:00 it should work right ?

The release time, what effect does this have ?

Looking forward to your help.

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear contributers,

In case some of you are still interested in the issue, here is my guess: From the description of the scenario I infer that the "Time Reference" for CD is set to 01 ("Delivery Date & Time"). If the "Planning Time", the "Default Release Time" and the "Default Latest Release Time" are all set to 1 day, the time slot for planned CD is 07/04/08, 10:00, to 08/04/08, 10:00. You will thus never be able to match the two documents (delivery date/time of both: 09/04/08).

Explanation: If the outbound delivery has the delivery time 09/04/08, 10:00, the "Default Release Time" is 08/04/08, 10:00. The "Default Latest Release Time" is again 08/04/08, 10:00, because the default value is 1 day for both. The system calculates the start of the time slot for planned CD by deducting the "Planning Time" from the "Latest Release Time", in our case again 1 day.

The default values for release time and planning time are thus better set to a couple of hours instead of days.

Best regards,

Christiane Schnellenbach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

Can you Pls clarify the above.....am having a similar situation:

My outbound delivery has the delivery time 09/04/10, 12:00 and My Inbound delivery has the delivery time 09/04/10, 09:00

Time Reference for CD is set to 01 ("Delivery Date & Time"), "Planning Time", the "Default Release Time" and the "Default Latest Release Time" are all set to 1 Hr.

I still get the error stating that " time ref for planning doc. does not match the candidate docs reference time"

Pls guide me in overcoming this issue.

Rgds,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

Can you check the User Id's time zone and server time zone.

Hope this helps.

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone got answer of this question. I am getting same error.