Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA with Google Chrome

fabio_dimicco2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gugu,

I tried to run a WDA with Google Chrome and I saw that work well and which are also very fast, but I was not able to run the pop-up ?

Someone knows because pop-up do not work with this browser?

Thanks in advance,

Fabio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Of course Web Dynpro (or any SAP Product for that matter) is not offically supported running in Chrome. That said, I have WDA 7.0 EnhP1 running on on Chrome and the Popups are working just fine. I did have to disable the application parameter WDINLINECSS (same as in Safari). As you can see from the screen shot there are a few minor rendering alignment issues in Chrome, but is otherwise quite functional.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/2829879533/

Just a note. I checked the EnhP2 developement system yesterday and the problem with the WDINLINECSS has already been corrected.

fabio_dimicco2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great!!!

Thanks for this info but on WDA 7.0 (SAPKB70014) the application parameter WDINLINECSS doesn't exist.

There is no solution?

I must wait for the release WDA 7.0 EnhP1?

Fabio

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean to imply that using the WDINLINECSS parameter would fix your problem on NetWeaver 7.0. That parameter actually doesn't exist until EnhP1. On 7.0 EnhP1 you actually lose all of your CSS in Safari and Chrome unless you disable the In-Line CSS loading. I was just letting people know the general workaround on EnhP1.

I would imagine that the popups on base 7.0 simply aren't compatible with Webkit. EnhP1 represents a major rewrite a much of the rendering JavaScript, HTML, and CSS for Web Dynpro. I would guess that it will require at least this newer version of the WD Rendering to be compatible with webkit based browsers.

fabio_dimicco2
Explorer
0 Kudos

10 chromed points.

Answers (0)