Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

;\ New Web Dynpro Weblogs

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This thread is dedicated to publishing new weblogs. Do not append any comments onto this thread! Only if you have written a weblog, then append a small description with the link here.

For everyone else that are interested, press the <b>"Watch this Topic"</b> option at the start of the thread. Next click <b>"Watch Options"</b>, check "Email Updates", and "Update Watches". Then, whenever a new append is made to this thread, SDN will send an email to all watchers. This is effectively a very cheap "heads up" on new (Web Dynpro) related weblogs.

For a complete overview of all Web Dynpro related Weblogs, see: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/weblogs/topic/43

<b>WARNING: Do NOT append anything else on this thread, as any new append will trigger a flood of emails to all three (thousand?) people on the watch list!</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (41)

Answers (41)

pradyut_sarma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Latest version of the SAP Theme Editor (which can be used to brand web dynpro applications, alter their look and feel etc) is available on SDN. Have the a look at the blog below for details on the same.

Feedback most welcome ;o)

/people/pradyut.sarma/blog/2010/06/01/brand-your-sap-application-using-theme-editor

Best Regards,

Pradyut.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This [weblog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10744] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; begins to explore the excellent Graphics support by using the Network UI Element which is part of the Webdynpo.

Integrating [OpenLazlo|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12218] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; With CE

Regards

Ayyapparaj

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

[Web Dynpro Java Table Paging Unleashed: Optimizing Heavy Table Performance|]

This article describes how to develop Web Dynpro Java business applications displaying "heavy" tables with thousands of table records. Based on a componentized table paging sample application developed with SAP NetWeaver CE 7.11 EhP1 you learn how to minimize context memory consumption on server side and how to optimize table interaction performance (rapid initial table display, rapid client side table scrolling) applying the CMI API (SAP's common model interface API)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

[How to use external JAR files in Web Dynpro development components|]

Learn how to use an external JAR file in a Web Dynpro Java component using the NWDI development component model. Describes specific solutions for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and CE 7.1.

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

[Best-Practices for Building State-of-the-Art Web Dynpro Java User Interfaces|]

Presentation, exercises and Web Dynpro Java sample application (SCA archive, based on SAP NetWeaver CE 7.11 EhP1) on concepts and practical guidelines for building state-of-the-art Web Dynpro Java user interfaces. Covers container layouts, rules for the horizontal and vertical sizing of UI element containers, virtual container cells and UI elements, visibility, readOnly and enabled states of UI elements and new UI elements and enhancements in SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1.

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

[Best-Practices for Optimizing Web Dynpro Java Application Performance|]

Learn the most effective best-practices to optimize the performance of your Web Dynpro Java applications regarding an enhanced UI responsiveness on client side and minimized memory consumption on server side. The given performance rules focus on user interface design, component granularity, component and controller lifecycle management, controller contexts, on-demand resources, table paging or models like the Adaptive RFC model and new Ajax functions like the suggestion, asynchronous input validation or the new UI element event onChange.

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/11/12/how-to-create-attachments-in-business-transaction-from-webdynprojava To: Create attachments in Business Transaction from Webdynpro</a>

This blog describes how to Attach the documents from Webdynpro Application to any SAP Business transactions like Material Master, Sale order, Customer Master, etc.

I used BDS methodology to store the attachments.

Raja T

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/11/29/displaydelete-attachment-from-business-transactions-using-webdynpro-java To: Display/Delete attachment from Business transactions using Webdynpro</a>

This blog describes how to display/delete the documents, which are stored in any SAP Business transactions Material Master, Sale order, Customer Master, etc.

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Link:[Componentization of Webdynpro Application in CE7.1|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8748] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

This blog deals with componentization of webdynpro applications in CE7.1.It explains the concepts like Component Usage, Managing the lifecycle of the used component manually, Reference Mode concept of component usage.It demonstrates with a working example how to share common component reference between all the components which declares the usage of that component.

Regards,

Sudhir

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2007/01/08/the-top-12-hottest-sap-notes-every-web-dynpro-java-developer-must-know"><b>The TOP 12 Hottest SAP Notes Every Web Dynpro Java Developer Must Know</b></a>

<i>This WebLog promotes the TOP 12 hottest SAP Notes every Web Dynpro Java application developer must know. I selected those SAP Notes which are most often

referenced within all Web Dynpro specific CSS messages and divided them into the following categories: problem reporting, compatibility, Web Dynpro HTML Client, controller coding, deployment, Adaptive RFC Model, session management, internationalization and business graphics. By following these SAP Notes you can effectively avoid typical problems before they arise. All listed SAP Notes are valid for NW04 and NW04s.</i>

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2007/01/19/new-web-dynpro-java-tutorial--component-interface-definitions-in-practice"><b>New Web Dynpro Java Tutorial - Component Interface Definitions in Practice</b></a>

<i>This WebLog promotes the newest Web Dynpro tutorial on <b>Component Interface Definitions in Practice</b>. It explains why Web Dynpro application architects and developers should go through this learning material.</i>

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<b><a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2007/05/25/new-web-dynpro-java-tutorials--uploading-and-downloading-files-in-sap-netweaver-70 Web Dynpro Java Learning Material - Using Adaptive Web Service Models</a></b>

<i>This WebLog promotes new Web Dynpro Java learning material (tutorials, articles, sample projects, SDN wiki content) on <b>Using Adaptive Web Service Models</b> in Web Dynpro Java applications.

• Tutorial: Creating an E-Mail Client Using Web Dynpro's Adaptive Web Service Model

• Article: Adaptive Web Service Model – Controller Coding Explained

• NEW: SDN Wiki Page: Web Dynpro Java FAQs - Models - Adaptive Web Service</i>

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<b><a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2007/05/25/new-web-dynpro-java-tutorials--uploading-and-downloading-files-in-sap-netweaver-70 and Downloading Files in SAP NW 7.0</a></b>

<i>This WebLog promotes new Web Dynpro Java learning material (tutorials, articles, sample projects and SDN Wiki code tutorial) on Uploading and Downloading Files in SAP NetWeaver 7.0.

• Tutorial: Uploading and Downloading Files in Web Dynpro Java - SAP NetWeaver 7.0

• Article: Uploading and Downloading Files in Web Dynpro Tables - SAP NetWeaver 7.0

• NEW: SDN Wiki Code Tutorial: Exporting Table Data Using On-Demand Streams - SAP NetWeaver 7.0</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/community.user/blog/2007/08/20/open-views-in-non-modal-external-windows--the-patch-version views in non-modal external windows - the patch version</b></a>

This weblog shows a way to open an existing view in a non-modal external window. The second section of the blog shows how context can be mapped between the parent and the external view in such a scenario.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b><a href="/people/community.user/blog/2007/10/01/printing-in-web-dynpro-finally in Web Dynpro, finally</a></b>

This weblog demonstrates the functioning of the new Web Dynpro printing support introduced in CE.

Regards,

Satyajit.

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/11/23/basic-concepts--the-pain-with-using-singleton-context-nodes"><b>Basic Concepts - The Pain With Using Singleton Context Nodes</b></a>

<i>Using singletons can have many strange side effects. This web logs shows you a few of them and pleads not to use singleton context nodes unless necessary.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

This weblog shows you how to transport your table data in WebDynpro to MS-Excel Sheet. It is a modified version of Web Dynpro Binary Cache. The need was to directly transport table data to Excel using Excel features like underline, font selection , change background colour etc.

/people/subramanian.venkateswaran2/blog/2006/08/16/exporting-table-data-to-ms-excel-sheetenhanced-web-dynpro-binary-cache

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas">Bid adieu to bots - using CAPTCHAs</a>

<i>Securing your WebDynpro applications by using the open source <a href="http://jcaptcha.sourceforge.net/">JCAPTCHA</a> library.</i>

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/10/17/new-book--maximizing-web-dynpro-for-java"><b>New Book - Maximizing Web Dynpro for Java</b></a>

<i> In this SDN WebLog we want to inform you about our brand-new book on developing enterprise web applications with the Web Dynpro Java Foundation in SAP NetWeaver 04. 'Maximizing Web Dynpro for Java', published by SAP Press, is aimed at Web Dynpro Java developers who already have some development experience, but now want to go to the next level.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/18/how-to-parse-xml-file-uploaded-from-client"><b>Parse XML file from client using FileUpload and DOM methods</b></a>

<i>This post outlines a method to upload a XML file from the client using FileUpload UI control (NW04s) and then parse it using w3c Document interface.</i>

Regards,

Satyajit.

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/11/21/analyzing-web-dynpro-java-application-performance-with-a-simple-url-parameter"><b>Analyzing Web Dynpro Java Application Performance with a Simple URL-Parameter</b></a>

<i>This WebLog promotes a very simple but also effective way of analyzing the performance of a running Web Dynpro application. Just attach the key-value pair "sap-wd-showInfo=X" to the URL of your Web Dynpro application to display performance relevant time values in the status line of your Web Dynpro HTML browser client. This technique is an easy approach to detect given bottlenecks of a running Web Dynpro application on client, server or backend side.<i>

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/07/24/basic-concepts--selection-vs-leadselection"><b>Basic Concepts - Selection vs. LeadSelection</b></a>

<i>This weblog shows how selection and leadSelection works in Web Dynpro ABAP. All examples are provided for download as well.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b><a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/07/27/arfc-without-model-nodes-you-must-be-joking-right without model nodes</a></b>

This post is about an approach to using ARFC programming without any model nodes at all.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/07/18/ovs-rfc">OVS + RFC...</a>

<i>Also it is possible to create OVS help using Adaptive RFC query, the process involves several boring steps: you have to create at least two context nodes, sometimes copy values between nodes, create supply function(s) etc etc. Check this generic solution that wraps original Adaptive RFC query into custom CMI query and simplifies task almost up to one-liner code.</i>

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/07/12/when-wdcopyservice-is-not-enough">When WDCopyService is not enough...</a>

<i>There are plenty of questions on SDN forum where SDN-ers complains about WDCopyService limitations. Here is small utility class that provides "missing" (actually, additional functionality.</i>

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/07/18/basic-concepts-150-five-nice-features-and-one-pitfall-regarding-the-context"><b>Basic Concepts – Five Nice Features and One Pitfall Regarding the Context</b></a>

<i>There are a few interesting aspects regarding the context and view elements in Web Dynpro ABAP. These are either some nice but largely unknown features or pitfalls almost everyone stumbles across while writing his or her first Web Dynpro application.</i>

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/07/18/basic-concepts-150-url-semantics"><b>Basic Concepts - URL Semantics</b></a>

<i>This small weblog describes the many possible options a developer has to point to a resource in Web Dynpro ABAP</i>

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/07/03/web-dynpro-java-foundation--whats-new-in-sap-netweaver-2004s"><b>Web Dynpro Java Foundation - What's new in SAP NetWeaver 2004S</b></a>

<i>This article comprises a list of new features, UI elements and generic services which are available in the minor SAP NetWeaver release 2004s. The most outstanding new functions are the strongly enhanced Web Dynpro UI Element Library, extended table capabilities, table popins, popup menus, implicit UI personalization for Portal-based Web Dynpro UIs, an enhanced and simplified file upload and download and storage of mime resources within context attributes and the interoperability with non-Web-Dynpro application based on the new suspend and resume plug concept.</i>

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/06/20/web-dynpro-abap-demonstration-videos">Web Dynpro ABAP Demonstration Videos</a>

For Sapphire, the Netweaver Product Management team created a series of narrated videos on the subject of Web Dynpro ABAP. If you happened to stop by the Custom Development Pod in the Netweaver area with a question about Web Dynpro ABAP, you may have seen one of these videos. Obviously there wasn't time to show all the videos to everyone who came by. After all we had over 3 hours of demonstration video.

So now we are making these videos available on SDN under the eLearning area - ABAP Catalog.

This weblog will try to group the videos and provide a little more details about each of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this 4 part blog series, I describe how to build a soccer betting pool application for the World Cup 2006 using CAF and Web Dynpro.

<a href="/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2006/05/18/writing-a-betting-pool-application-for-the-soccer-world-cup-2006-part-i Betting Pool - Part I</a>

<a href="/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2006/05/18/writing-a-betting-pool-application-for-the-soccer-world-cup-2006-part-ii Betting Pool - Part II</a>

<a href="/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2006/05/19/writing-a-betting-pool-application-for-the-soccer-world-cup-2006-part-iii Betting Pool - Part III</a>

[url=https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3645] [original link is broken];Soccer Betting Pool - Part IV[/url]

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/08/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-ii">Consuming XI Web Services using Web Dynpro</a>

In the first two parts of this series, I have explained how to create a simple Web Service in XI (<a href="/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/07/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-i">Part I</a>) and then consume it using Web Dynpro (<a href="/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/08/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-ii">Part II</a>). In <a href="/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/10/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-ui-design-part-iii">Part III</a>, I have focused on how to design the user interface for the Web Application we created in Part II and provide some additional tips. In this part, have described some of the steps from <a href="/people/riyaz.sayyad/blog/2006/05/08/consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-150-part-ii">Part II</a> in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b><a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/05/04/enhancing-tables-in-webdynpro-java-150-custom-built-table-utilities">Enhancing Tables in Web Dynpro - Table utilities</a></b>

Remember the table sorter utility in Web Dynpro. This is a similar custom made utility for creating Business Graphics on the run , exporting context data to excel and getting a printable format of table just by setting in the needed arguments.. Try it.. it will save your time..

harry_dietz
Explorer
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/harry.dietz/blog/2006/04/28/show-long-text-of-a-message-in-abap-webdynpro-without-the-standard-message-manager"><b>Show long text of a message in ABAP WebDynpro without the standard message manager</b></a>

<i>This shows how to retrieve the long (not short) text of a (T100) message and how to view this with ABAP WebDynpro.</i>

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/03/21/using-ecatt-to-test-web-dynpro-abap">Using eCatt to Test Web Dynpro ABAP</a>

You might have used eCatt in the past to test your ABAP applications, but did you know that you could use the same to tool against ABAP Web Dynpro! I recently sat down and had the opportunity to use eCatt to test some Web Dynpro ABAP applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/03/10/minus-evs-plus-ovs-value-help-smart-input">Minus EVS, Plus OVS == value help + "smart" input</a>

<i>Extending WebDynpro EVS++ functionality to support "smart" user input is an impossible task. However, replacing EVS with OVS does the trick.</i>

This blog post assumes that reader is familiar with <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/tutorial%20on%20yet%20another%20evs%20valuehelp%20-%20displaytexts%20for%20keys%20-%2036.htm">Yet Another EVS Valuehelp: Showing Display Texts for Keys</a> tutorial by [url https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.sdn.businesscard.sdnbusinesscard?u=uz... Ganz[/url]

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/thomas.szcs/blog/2006/02/22/dynamic-programming-in-web-dynpro-abap--part-iii-aggregations-and-ddic-binding-of-viewelements"><b> Dynamic Programming in Web Dynpro ABAP - Part III: Aggregations and DDIC-Binding of ViewElements

</b></a>

<i>This part deals with handling aggregations and binding attributes of ViewElements to DDIC features in a dynamic way.</i>

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/03/07/enhanced-web-dynpro-java-tablesorter-for-sap-netweaver-04s"><b> Enhanced Web Dynpro Java TableSorter for SAP NetWeaver 04s

</b></a>

<i>This WebLog describes the enhanced NW04s-version of the Web Dynpro TableSorter class which now provides additional features.</i>

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/02/06/abap-old-timer-learns-some-java">ABAP Old-timer Learns Some Java</a>

This weblog contains some thoughts and perceptions of a long time ABAP programmer who is taking his first few steps into the world of Java Development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/11/29/800format-your-way(800)FORMAT-YOUR-WAY</b></a>

<i>Not satisfied with out-of-the-box formatting capabilities of WebDynpro simple types? Provide your own ad-hoc formatting using calculated attributes.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/11/23/display-formatted-text-using-webdynpro-for-java formatted text using Web Dynpro for Java</b></a>

<i>Missing FormattedTextView UI control in Web Dynpro for Java? Try this small replacement built using IFrame and binary cache API.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro bit of (impractical) scripting for Web Dynpro</b></a>

<i>Embedding Mozilla Rhino in WebDynpro: step-by-step guide how to use external libraries in SAP J2EE applications.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/09/common-model-interface Model Interface</b></a>

<i>Brief introduction to Common Model Interface (CMI) and its applicability for dynamic UI programming</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/08/30/javabean-model-import-when-it-really-works Model Import: when it really works</b></a>

<i>There is a plenty of topics on SDN WebDynpro forum, where developers complain about inability to use JavaBean model import. It stops working magically; it does not see beans from public parts; it starts malfunction after minimal changes introduced in bean etc. This post outlines some common pitfalls and solutions.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/08/15/ovs-reloaded, Reloaded

</b></a>

<i>Attach OVS + custom implementation of ICMIQuery to create reusable user picker control</i>

See also related post <a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/08/11/stringoperator-isimpletype-const::operator ISimpleType() const {...}</a> about small utility class to load WebDynpro simple dictionary types by name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/07/05/the-quik-brouwn-fox-jamps-ovrr-the-laizy-dog quik brouwn fox jamps ovrr the laizy dog</b></a>

<i>Implementing reusable WebDynpro SpellChecker component using open-source <a href="http://jazzy.sourceforge.net/">Jazzy</a> library.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/06/29/apojo--almostplain-old-java-objects-as-model(A)POJO - (Almost)Plain Old Java Objects as model</b></a>

<i>Overview of using WebDynpro JavaBeans model. Topics covered include creating JavaBeans model, applying dictionary types to properties of generated model classes, attribute-level change tracking and implementation of ad-hoc validation constraints.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/06/13/master-of-columns-part-i of Columns, Part I

</b></a>

<a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/06/20/master-of-columns-part-ii of Columns, Part II

</b></a>

<i>This two-parts blog post provides introduction to WebDynpro Table with TreeByNestingTableColumn aka TreeTable. First part describes generic techniques for building related context data and UI controls. The second installment describes how to handle non-recursive children of recursive nodes in Master-Details scenario as well as how to synchronize programmatically lead selection of node elements with visible table rows area. </i>