cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Business Objects report with Beginning and Ending Date Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to schedule a report to run weekly that has the beginning and ending parameters change from week to week without having to open the schedule instance to change the parameters manually. Is this possible?

I'm scheduling a Crystal report using Business Objects Server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soni,

I am using the CR developer tool XI R2 and deploying the reports to BO server. The BO Server also has the same version ie CR XI R2.

The requirement that has come up from our clients are:

They would want a report to be generated manually through infoview with the start date and end date they wpuld want to give. They shoudl also be able to schedule the same report and the start date and end date changed automatically each month/week as per the frequency.

Is this possible? If yes then how it can be achieved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma

It is possible to generate a report manually through infoview and the start date and end date can be provided once the report gets generated.

However it won't be possible to schedule the same report such that the start date and end date would get changed automatically each month/week as per the frequency.

You would definitely need to provide the parameters (start date and end date) once you schedule the report manually each time.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks

Soni

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

According to my understanding you have a report with start and end date parameters and you would like to schedule it weekly.

However you want the date parameters to change automatically. I think here you need to change the parameters manually as once a report is scheduled for a particular there are no means to change the parameters values for the next parameter value.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma

Which product are you using?Also mention its version.

Thanks

Soni