cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solaris Cluster Server Homogeneous System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have SAP ECC 6.0 on Solaris Sparc server. Our database is Oracle 10.2.0.2. We will buy 2 new solaris server and we want to use these server as cluster. We want to make homogeneous system copy from current server to new cluster server. How can we make homogeneous copy from current server to new cluster server? Firts of all do we have to install new ECC 6.0 on cluster server and then will we make homogeneous system copy?

Also how can we install ECC 6.0 on Solaris Cluster server? Will we have install ECC 6.0 seperatly for each server of cluster unit? I have SAP installation document but it is not clear. Do you have another document for SAP installation on cluster server? Please help us about these issues.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have just ABAP or ABAP+Java? Are you keeping the current hostname? Are you keeping the same solaris version or you going to a new version?

Are you using SUN clusters or Vertias? See attached for Solaris Cluster config: http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/sap/collateral/SAP-Cluster-Config-final.pdf

-Regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

We have only ABAP and we will keep the hostname the Solaris version and Oracle version. We will not change any parameters and software version. Our Solaris version is Solaris 10 and our oracle version is Oracle 10g. Everything will be same. We only want to transport current SAP server to new Solaris Cluster (Active- Passive) server. How can we do it? Where can we find a docment about it?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain the purpose of your 2nd server? Are you trying to setup High Availability for your ECC system, i.e, you want your ECC system to startup on the 2nd server if the 1st server fails? Is the 2nd server going to be in the same data center? Do you use external SAN or NAS storage for SAP & Oracle?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we want to use second servers if first server fail. First server and second server will use same database folders on storage unit. First server will be active and second server will be passive. We will install High Availability System. Will we have to install oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) or not? Where can we find a install document about it? SAP install document is not clear. Can you help us about it?

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First to move your ECC system from your current server to the new server, yes you do need to homogenous copy. There are other methods like storage sub-system level copy, but it is not supported. Since your system is ABAP, you can setup standby database on the new server and use dataguard to replicate database. You can manual move profiles, binaries and other application file systems manually since they are on external storage. You should change your profiles to use logical hostname instead of the physical hostname though Solaris 10 gives you the ability to move zone/containers with same hostname.

I am assuming you have distributed system, ie database and SAP separate. You can setup RAC for database HA. For SAP, you can use sun cluster or veritas cluster to move SAP central instance with the logical hostname to the 2nd standby server.

You can also separate ASCS from SAP central instance and setup failover for the CS instance with the cluster software. Check notes 821904, 870652. You can take another step in HA with ENQ replication (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/36/67973c3f5aff39e10000000a114084/content.htm)

-Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much RK. I will try it. If I have a question about that can I send you a mail? Can you give me your mail address? My address is info(@)devin.com.tr

I wrote (@) ,because only @ character is forbidden

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi ,

The file structure will be :

Node 1:

/usr/sap

/oracle

Node 2:

/usr/sap

/oracle

SAN:

/sapmnt/

/usr/sap/trans

/oracle/SEP/sapdata1

/oracle/SEP/oraarch

/oracle/SEP/saparch

/oracle/SEP/redolog

/oracle/SEP/mirrlogA

/oracle/SEP/mirrlogB

/oracle/SEP/origlogA

/oracle/SEP/origlogB

/oracle/SEP/sapbackup

etc..

Kindly correct me if I am wrong in these.

Thanks & regards

Kushal

Answers (0)