cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS not showing SAP specific Eclipse extensions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded NWDS "SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.1 SP00 PAT0000 Build id: 200807300233". I have Sun JDK 1.5_16 on my machine and proceeded by unpacking the NWDS_Platform.zip file, running NWDS, choosing a new, clean, workspace, pointing to the update site, waiting for hundreds of updates to install... Everything went entirely smoothly.

However: When I started the tutorial "Getting Started with Composite Designer", it turns out there are no Composite Preferences (first step of the tutorial). There is also no "Composite Designer Perspective" or anything else SAP looking in Eclipse (Besides the SAP NWDS windows title and the SAP about dialog). I checked for the installed features and there are plenty of SAP features installed, including "Composite Tools", but it seems like none of them actually show in the Eclipse menus and selections.

Any pointers on how I can make them appear?

Tilo Christ

P.S.: After looking through Eclipse some more, I noticed the following:

In Product Configuration

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Java EE 8.10 is marked as failure. The specific sub-part that is failing is

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Facades 7.10 with the following error messages:

No plug-in: "com.sap.s2x" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "com.sap.ide.ext.libs.perf" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "com.sap.mw.jco" included at runtime.

No plug-in: "com.sap.mw.jco3" included at runtime.

Edited by: Tilo Christ on Sep 18, 2008 11:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tilo,

I know you might've uninstalled and installed NWDS several times by now to achieve the desired result. However, I would recommend following the stepwise instruction given in the "start.htm" page which you will find in the SDNIDECE7110PREVIEW folder that you downloaded from SDN for the installation.

The key steps are to point to the correct javaw.exe (make sure you are not pointing to the wrong one as you might have it in multiple locations in your system) and also to point to the IDE folder (since it contains the NWDS_platform.zip) when it asks you for the update site, post installation.

Regards,

Romit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, that is exactly what I am doing, and with the mentioned results. Haven't been able to resolve this yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tilo, I had a similar experience : [my previous thread with a similar problem|;

Do you still have the zip/rar you downloaded NWDS for EHP1? In there are two folders in the root : "features" and "plugins".

- Close NWDS.

- Drag and drop the contents from these folders into the "eclipse" folder where your NWDS application is.

- Restart NWDS.

- You'll get a message saying your configuration was outdated and is now updated again.

- Go to Window > Open Perspective > Other... and you'll find your SAP perspectives!

Enjoy!

Frederik-Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. I will continue to explore that direction. Right now when I follow your instructions I end up with an Eclipse which has all SAP extensions in status "Disabled", with no explanation why that might be. I'll continue to look into this...

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for NWDS 710 we recommend JDK1.5. Could you please check if using JDK1.5 you can observe the same misbehaviour?

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately, still the same

this is log my workspace now:

!SESSION 2011-08-09 09:07:27.577 -

eclipse.buildId=I20070625-1500

java.version=1.5.0_09

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=hr_HR

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.jvm.check 1 0 2011-08-09 09:07:36.829

And on first installation this happend somehow to be editable, do not know how

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I need to add some platform DLL's, to register them or something like that?

Or what needs to be deleted to do clean instalation of NWDS, I had before Eclipse 3.4....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, problem solved with

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP NetWeaver 7.3 SP03 PAT0000

This version doesn't have this kind of problems.

kr

mario

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

perhaps your NWDS installation is corrupt. It would be worth to try to remove it (and clean up the installation folders if after removal there remained something) and start a new installation.

If this still does not improve on the situation then provide the NWDS version (Help -- About) and the JDK version you are using to it.

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

same result.

NWDS is

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP12 PAT0000

Build id: 201105061501

JDK

java version "1.6.0_26"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please elaborate this a bit? What do you mean by you don't have any wizard?

Do you mean by this that you cannot see any SAP specific content in your NWDS? If yes, then I suggest you to trigger update using the Update site mechanism from the menu --> "Help -- Software Updates -- Find and Install. ..."

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update is done....

what I don't see is tree of listed wizards, i.e. there is only text Wizard on screen and no tree items under it. [Check this...|http://tinypic.com/r/1z4j0hx/7]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I have noticed same situation with screens under Window->Preferences. Screen is drawn, I can see Frame, with some text or title and in Frame someone would expect to see Labels, TextFields, Edit boxes, Buttons, but NO. Strange?! I have noticed this case under SAP J2EE server and when I run it for second time, I had Table Controls to enter parameters for SAP J2EE server, first time not?! for Wizards it is not corrected by it self :-((

kr

mario

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

for the sake of completeness:

we have released a note about this (including the missing perspectives issue as well):

#1566977 - NWDS on Windows 7

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1566977)

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed today NWDS on Windows7, but it has strange behavior, i.e. when I go to File->New->Project .... I don't have any wizard to choose?! Any idea how to solve this problem....

kr

mario

Edited by: Mario Slopar on Aug 8, 2011 7:52 PM

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

see also the forum thread which describes that NWDS CE 720 is available for win7 as of 720 SP4:

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing this issue. No perspective is visible. We are on Windows XP and running EHP1 for NWDS 7.1 SP04 PAT004.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Aditya.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear All,

officially for NWDS CE 7.2, the platform Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) will be supported from SP4 (RTC date for 7.20 SP4 u2013 06.12.2010).

! We cannot state this workaround as official, you can use this workaround for your own risk!

Thank you for your understaning and Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant! Thanks Dzintars.. I have been banging my head for quite some time trying to figure out why the hell the install wasn't working properly; even though all the features and plugins where there ... setting those parameters work ... Thanks again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had same issue when trying to run NWDS 7.1CE SP5 on Windows 7. Same as here, plugin "com.sap.ide.ext.libs.perf" refused to load (not sure about other plugins).

At the end I clarified that at least in my case its pure OS incompatibility, where plugin was not expecting to see Windows 7. To fix this I had to pretends to be running Windows XP:

1) exit NWDS

2) open in text edit <nwds eclipse dir>/SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini and add eclipse launch parameters - clean at the begining and OS information at the end

-clean
// ... original file content here
-Dos.name=Windows XP
-Dos.version=5.1

3) start NWDS

That's it - on next start everything worked. Not sure if -clean parameter was required there... In any case, after 1st sucessfull run -clean may be removed from parameters (by the way, SapNetweaverDeveloperStudio.ini contains standard Eclipse command line startup parameters, as described [here|http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.user/tasks/running_eclipse.htm] and probably in number of other places on the Internet)

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I LOVE YOU!!!

Finally I can see the SAP perspectives...

Brgds, Caroline

MarcelloUrbani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Dzintars, this fixed it.

Too bad your reply was lost in the middle of the thread, so it took a while to notice.

Marcello